• 1(current)
themoviedb.org (TMDb) - The Open Movie Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
Information 
Here is a new website for movie info and backdrops, please give it a test and provide any feedback in this thread or on support system.

themoviedb.org (tmdb) | The open movie database

Features
Actor cross referencing
Personal my movies feature
Fanart and Coverart
Wiki like functionality
Youtube trailer links
Plot tags
Personal ratings

All the coding work was done by TravisBell and FForde so aim your thanks at them . I will be working with the data but we need help from all the sites users to keep it current. The API will come in the future, so no plugin interfaces yet. But we would be interested to find out what people think of the basic site so far. Eventually this should be a one stop show for all your movie information needs so we don't have to rely on imdb any more.
Looks like a very good idea. I hope you guys open up an api for it, similar to thetvdb.com.

I would like to suggest something though. On the movie page, you cycle through pictures/backdrops of the movie. Is there a way to manually cycle through them instead of just waiting until one you like comes up? If not, I think there should be a way to see all backdrops at once, or at least manual cycle buttons (ie. Prev Next buttons)

Looks great, keep up the good work Smile
Very nice, I like it.

Like matt_cyr said there needs to be a way to see the pictures on demand, instead of waiting for them to cycle.

If you're serious about going up against IMDB I personally think the search box should be more clearly labeled. For instance, someone non tech savy like my mom wouldn't realize that is a search box.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I would vote for a small thumbnail view of the other back drops.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
A ticket exists for this, I'm just working through them.
Sites great so far... very impressed... can't wait till xbmc fully supports it... travis, u've done a great job, there cheers!
Is this site going to be permanent now, or are we going to switch again in another few months? I have nearly 300 backdrops, but I'm not going to even bother getting them ready for another site until I know this one is going to last more than a few weeks...

Half the stuff I uploaded to Meligrove was never even added to the DB...
Thumbs Up 
Thank you guys for providing this community driven free wiki based site as an alternative to IMDb.com Cool

@digitalhigh, you should know that themoviedb.org (TMDb) is a merge between the Movie-XML.com and Meligrove.com projects (crew and content), so yes, I think you can expect it to be just as permanent as TheTVDB.com, ...we are really looking forward to the official launch, and the open API when it is ready!

So please register and start uploading Porters, Banners, FanArt and Actors Profile images

We wish all the best to TravisBell, FFord, and zag2me with this new venture! Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
digitalhigh Wrote:Is this site going to be permanent now, or are we going to switch again in another few months? I have nearly 300 backdrops, but I'm not going to even bother getting them ready for another site until I know this one is going to last more than a few weeks...

Half the stuff I uploaded to Meligrove was never even added to the DB...

Yup, this one is permanent just like Gamester mentioned. It sucks we are changing things around again but it will be well worth it. With movie-xml going down we decided it was worth the time and effort at not only bringing it back from the dead but combining sites to make it a killer all-in-one.

All 2282 backdrops from Meligrove were migrated to TMDb BUT (BUT!) it is possible that some of them need your help. Since we're actually creating our own database now, information could be missing. Please consult this url for more information.
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already...but how do you sort submissions? Movie title, or IMDB number?
When you say sort... you mean in the search results?
Is there a way to get higher res posters?
kri kri Wrote:Is there a way to get higher res posters?

Working on it Wink
Nice!! I'll be contributing Smile Please open the API soon though Wink
Posters have been updated to support high res versions on TMDb now. If you browse to a movie and upload a poster it will allow you to view and download the high res version now. Along with this, movies support multiple posters as well, and a new link will appear once a second poster is uploaded.

Keep in mind since all of the original posters are wicked low res, we are in essence starting from scratch but just keeping them around to look at until the new poster database gets large enough for it to run by itself.

What I am getting at is, unless you can click the poster and view the HD version of it, it's an old poster and needs to be replaced, so by all means...

Moving forward of course, we'll have an API for this so these can be pulled down into different apps.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
themoviedb.org (TMDb) - The Open Movie Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)2