• 3(current)
themoviedb.org (TMDb) - The Open Movie Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
Hi NEUR0M4NCER,

I would say that's fine as long as it doesn't have any obvious copyrights. Things like posters and screen grabs are unlikely to have issues though. There are some pretty great websites that have nothing but high resolution media related to movies, I am not sure of the URLs right now but you could try asking on the TMDb forums as there are some pretty active contributors who know.

Since we just launched our API we're just getting going but I've started a list of apps using TMDb, you can see it here: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/docs/current-apps.html

Some of those are still in development but those are the ones I know of so far.

Cheers,
Thanks for the info - looking forward to auto-retrieval of 'fanart' (maybe even some i've posted myself!).
NEUR0M4NCER Wrote:Thanks for the info - looking forward to auto-retrieval of 'fanart' (maybe even some i've posted myself!).

Looking forward? Guess where current fanart is scraped from ..
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
If I have the right answer, do I win some kinda prize? LOL
VDRfan Wrote:Looking forward? Guess where current fanart is scraped from ..

... so what you're telling me is that I wasted hours of my time manually downloading fanart for not looking things up properly.

Yay me.

One day i'll learn to RTFM. Confused
Is the Fanart scraper working right now? I have been trying to get new fanart for movies, but its just not coming up with the latest xbmc build.

For example http://themoviedb.org/movie/377
A Nightmare on Elm Street shows 4 fanart pictures, but when I refresh the movie, nothing comes up. it just has the browse button.
You will have to enable Fanart in the Scraper Settings and do a complete rescan in order to get the images. Get Fanart won't work if the scanner did not fetched it on previous scan.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It is enabled. All of my other movies work fine, except the newest ones I put in the library.
Hey goku,

There are some known issues with the current "version 1.0" of the API XBMC is currently using. We have since updated to version 2.0, a much more versatile and permanent platform and tried to get it in before this last version. Alas, it doesn't look like version 2 made it's way in and more than likely, you'll just have to wait until XBMC adopts the new API.

Having said that, the problem doesn't affect all movies, and hopefully we won't have to wait another 1.5 months before the next release :-D
As a member here and at TheMovieDb, could I request a small favor? I am a FanArt lover, like most everyone here, and want to know if you would consider allowing 960X540 Jpg images to be uploaded. The requst is for the xbox user, like myself, that could use those as alternatives to 720 or 1080. Having 400+ movies and 70+ TV Seasons ( and wanting Music......and I guess weather FanArt too??) the systems are just running out of RAM with all the stuff the XBMC keeps up with since Atlantis released.
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:As a member here and at TheMovieDb, could I request a small favor? I am a FanArt lover, like most everyone here, and want to know if you would consider allowing 1440X810 Jpg images to be uploaded. The requst is for the xbox user, like myself, that could use those as alternatives to 720 or 1080. Having 400+ movies and 70+ TV Seasons ( and wanting Music......and I guess weather FanArt too??) the systems are just running out of RAM with all the stuff the XBMC keeps up with since Atlantis released.

I don't get it...why would you want 1440x810 resolution as a fix for memory? 720 pics are smaller @ 1280x720...
I lost my head.....meant to put in 960x540......Lil high today. Sorry . I'm so laughing at myself. I got off here for a bit, fixed some Mt. Dew and thought....."WAIT!!!! Went and re-looked at my last post.....and realized what I had wrote. "Dumbass!!.....You need to sit 420 out next time." At least people are paying attention though. I'm gonna go correct that, now.
I don't have any problems with Ram using 720 res pics...
Ever since I (and others) have updated, RAM is just being drained. Never had this problem before update. Using MediaStream .95, cause it gives the least issues of all the releases. Wonder what else it could be besides all the HD FanArt?
Have you tried horizions? Very smooth, works wonderfully with all the fanart. I haven't used mediastream...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
themoviedb.org (TMDb) - The Open Movie Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)2