Streaming from HighDef vids from Mac to AppleTV/XBMC
what's the best/easiest way to stream high definition mkv videos that are on my mac, to the AppleTV/XBMC?

currently I have just added my video folder to my shared items in leopard, and added that folder to my XBMC. When i try to play the videos on the XBMC, the video is choppy and slow, and the audio is way out of sync.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?
crowl Wrote:what's the best/easiest way to stream high definition mkv videos that are on my mac, to the AppleTV/XBMC?

currently I have just added my video folder to my shared items in leopard, and added that folder to my XBMC. When i try to play the videos on the XBMC, the video is choppy and slow, and the audio is way out of sync.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

And you did check to make sure they play properly when on the local disk?
davilla Wrote:And you did check to make sure they play properly when on the local disk?

meaning, do they properly when they reside on the appleTV?
crowl Wrote:meaning, do they properly when they reside on the appleTV?

exactly. This answers the question of is it a network issue or is it a video decode issue.
davilla Wrote:exactly. This answers the question of is it a network issue or is it a video decode issue.

i have not tried this. i will do this tonight when I get home.

If it is a streaming issue, what would be the solution?
If it is a video decode issue, what would be the solution?
crowl Wrote:i have not tried this. i will do this tonight when I get home.

If it is a streaming issue, what would be the solution?
If it is a video decode issue, what would be the solution?

Debugging the individual problems is a step by step process. First we isolate it, then resolve it. Since I don't really know what the exact issues is, I don't have a solution. Work the problem as I always say Smile
davilla Wrote:Debugging the individual problems is a step by step process. First we isolate it, then resolve it. Since I don't really know what the exact issues is, I don't have a solution. Work the problem as I always say Smile

will do, thanks in advance.
FYI, i have tried multiple MKV and MP4 files that are high definition (most of them 720p) and they all experience the same lag. Even MP4 files that streamed fine using normal AppleTV software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming from HighDef vids from Mac to AppleTV/XBMC0