• 2(current)
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release
Any idea why my info isn't showing up in the InfoPanel?

EDIT: figured it out.
Monitor ! hat the heck.. get a LCD 42" TV man Smile

Love the screenshots, gonna give this mod a spin. the problem with the original mediastream is that all the view type is kinda boring and dull.
This mod seems to bring some fresh news in that department !

Keep up the exelent work man !
minimalko Wrote:No reason to go back.Just copy the whole mod into your skin folder.

It shouldn't look that way the info is supposed to be in a box, hence the screenshots. The mod came with new textures, that apparently dont show in your case. Did you copy the whole MediaStreamMod into skin folder?Also what platform are you using?

I running the lastest version of XBMC T3CH as of XBMC-SVN_2008-10-06_rev15805-T3CH-BETA2 which screen setting running at 480p on 2 1.0 box's and 2 1.6 boxes. I have one folder in which I patched with your mod and one folder of just your mod and they both gave the same effect.
minimalko awesome mod of my favorite skin for xbmc! can you please skin the home screen! perhaps to make the blade somewhat transparent show that it doesn't black half of our wallpaper? or perhaps make it not take up so much screen realestate. i love what you did with this. beautiful work!
turbinez Wrote:minimalko awesome mod of my favorite skin for xbmc! can you please skin the home screen! perhaps to make the blade somewhat transparent show that it doesn't black half of our wallpaper? or perhaps make it not take up so much screen realestate. i love what you did with this. beautiful work!

Unfortunately, you can't make it transparent without exposing the underlying submenu. It basically just hides behind the main menu on the homescreen. Also, after the initial release, the homescreen was changed so it should only take up about a quarter of the screen (it's now a toggleable features in skin settings). Are you using the most recent version?
turbinez Wrote:minimalko awesome mod of my favorite skin for xbmc! can you please skin the home screen! perhaps to make the blade somewhat transparent show that it doesn't black half of our wallpaper? or perhaps make it not take up so much screen realestate. i love what you did with this. beautiful work!

yeah second that, make the smaller blade on the home screen
and maybe brighter color something like PM3.HD color :-)
This is real nice - I especially like the bigger thumbs.
Experiencing the same problems... :-S
(same as the guy who posted his screenshots above)

1. Got the latest (Beta 2) build from T3CH
2. Copied your files over the existing MediaStream - Didn't Work
3. Copied only your files - Didn't work
I like this mod... it's smooth... fact that it lacks animation does take away some of the special feel it had in aeon... but yeah, its good u've done this mod... keep the good work up...
experiencing the same thing as well. the info comes up in filmstrip but the box behind it does not.
Sorry, have been away for the weekend.

bramblepants Wrote:This looks awesome....looking forward to testing out when I get home.

As a question, after you decided to mod the mediastream skin, how long did it take you to get to grips with all of it? I've been very tempted to dust off my skills and give it a go, as I think I can offer something - however, the girlfriend would be cross if I had to dedicate all my spare time to it!! Tongue

Cheers,

Bramblepants

Well I started exploring XBMC skinning about two months ago. It is all not so hard after all, pretty time consuming though. And yea the girlfriend will be a problem, trust me Nod

AnonyOne Wrote:Experiencing the same problems... :-S
(same as the guy who posted his screenshots above)

1. Got the latest (Beta 2) build from T3CH
2. Copied your files over the existing MediaStream - Didn't Work
3. Copied only your files - Didn't work

jarod71 Wrote:experiencing the same thing as well. the info comes up in filmstrip but the box behind it does not.

Wow that must be a Xbox specific bug then. Is the infopanel showing in wallstream? I dont have Xbox, but I tested this mod on 3 different HTPCs and they all worked without any problem. The whole rared directory should go into skin folder, should not overwrite original Mediastream folder. Is my mod actually working fine for anyone? Confused

EDIT: The problem is probably caused by a memory issue which cant be fixed by me as I do not own XBOX. The textures just don't seem to fit into XBOX memory No So far the mod stays fully usable for non XBOX users only. SorryBlush

xb2iris Wrote:I like this mod... it's smooth... fact that it lacks animation does take away some of the special feel it had in aeon... but yeah, its good u've done this mod... keep the good work up...

Thanks. Can you be more specific with lack of animation please? It should be fully animated..perheaps you are talking about the fading info in showcase?
no, i'm talking about sliding the panels in or out, but its okay... i actually like it better without animation... mediastream isn't big on animation, so it suits mediastream as a whole... good job, and keep up the good work!
minimalko Wrote:Sorry, have been away for the weekend.

Wow that must be a Xbox specific bug then. Is the infopanel showing in wallstream? I dont have Xbox, but I tested this mod on 3 different HTPCs and they all worked without any problem. The whole rared directory should go into skin folder, should not overwrite original Mediastream folder. Is my mod actually working fine for anyone? Confused

EDIT: The problem is probably caused by a memory issue which cant be fixed by me as I do not own XBOX. The textures just don't seem to fit into XBOX memory No So far the mod stays fully usable for non XBOX users only. SorryBlush

can we possible compress the texture so that it does fit into memory? the mod works except for that background, hard to beleive this cannot be overcome.
jarod71 Wrote:can we possible compress the texture so that it does fit into memory? the mod works except for that background, hard to beleive this cannot be overcome.

Anyone who can make this work on XBOX will make me happy. As I said I cant test it as I only have PC. Downsizing the textures might help. I will have a look at it when I will have time, just need someone to test it for me. Doesnt hiding fanart help?
I can take a look at compressing the necessary texture files. Which ones in the media folder are the ones I should look at?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release3