• 1(current)
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release
Information 
Hereby I present you my Mediastream Mod. Please don't get me wrong as I did not make it because I would not like how Mediastream looks. I made it because I love Mediastream so much that I recently started to learn skinning in order to help it in progress (hopefully) and make it one more step closer to perfection. Consider this my little contribution to the whole XBMC comunity.

This Mod brings four new views into Mediastream skin:

FILMSTRIP with INFOPANEL a view for movies, TVshows and seasons.
Image Image
Infopanel can be shown or hidden in right options panel, or simply by pressing down arrow.

WALLSTREAM a view for movies.

WALLSTREAM view features two media info types:
INFOPANEL and FUNKY INFO both can be shown or hidden in right options panel.
Image Image

EPISODE STREAM a view for episodes.

EPISODE SHOWCASE a view for episodes.

Installation: Extract downloaded archive into your skin folder, do not overwrite original MediaStream folder, as this mod is standalone
This mod only supports 720p (16:9) and was never tested on 4:3 sreen
XBOX users might have memory issues. Note that on my HTPC it runs very smooth.
Please report all the issues here in the forum and please be gentle I am still learning.

Thanks goes to the whole community, all the devs for making XBMC, Team Razorfish for giving us MediaStream and djh for being the first to show us how beautiful the skins can be.

LATEST UPDATE (21.10.2008) - MediastreamMod_v.2.1

- Mod implemented into Mediastream 0.95
- Added Albumstrip - new view for music
- Added Smallwall - new Wall Stream layout with smaller thumbs (toogled in settings/skin/movies)
- Filmstrip, Episodestream and Wallstream now available in views options together with Showcase and Panel Stream (no need to toogle them)
- Added Title Info in Filmstrip as requested (info under the poster as known from aeon)
- Added Info options in Options panel
- Added Watched/Unwatched tag in Filmstrip and Episodestream

DOWNLOAD
Rapidshare
Megaupload
Mediafire
As much as I want to download this it looks as though your download isn't working.

Also just a question does this have any 4:3 support?
Aw man, I'm getting an error that says "The uploader has removed this file from the server." Can you reupload or use a mirror?
Sorry my bad..working now, had to update the link..as I found a little thing in showcase that needed to be corrected
So for us who have .94 installed, we have to go back to .93 and install your mod?
Can you move the text showing for each movie up because it seems to get blocked but the next coming move preview. I am unable to read the text or title of the show or movie. I posted pics so you can see what I mean. Nice!!!! mod just small petty repair I think needs to be done.

The mod looks awesome, but I am having one small problem with it. All of my movies have seperate .nfo files for the info (stored right with the movies) and for some reason the info won't show up in the info box in the film strip view. However, if I press "I" it shows up in the larger info box. Any idea how to fix it.
Swwethip1 Wrote:So for us who have .94 installed, we have to go back to .93 and install your mod?

No reason to go back.Just copy the whole mod into your skin folder.

Abeerdrinker Wrote:Can you move the text showing for each movie up because it seems to get blocked but the next coming move preview. I am unable to read the text or title of the show or movie. I posted pics so you can see what I mean. Nice!!!! mod just small petty repair I think needs to be done.

It shouldn't look that way the info is supposed to be in a box, hence the screenshots. The mod came with new textures, that apparently dont show in your case. Did you copy the whole MediaStreamMod into skin folder?Also what platform are you using?
What does the "Smart Fanart" option do?
jalesm Wrote:What does the "Smart Fanart" option do?

It is supposed to hide fanart while you scroll. Might help with memory issues on slower machines.
this looks god damn amazing!

Can u please come up with some nice views for music as well? I think meadiastream need some better views for music!
I have a question, on the Filmstrip view my thumbs look a bit smooshed compared to the regular Showcase view. the H/W aspect ratio is off.

Also in regular showcase view I'm only seeing about 3 1/2 thumbs from the left to the right, and they cut off in the middle of the screen with 1/2 of one showing than nothing for the rest of the screen over.

Are either of these problems due to my screen being 4:3?
quebert Wrote:I have a question, on the Filmstrip view my thumbs look a bit smooshed compared to the regular Showcase view. the H/W aspect ratio is off.

Also in regular showcase view I'm only seeing about 3 1/2 thumbs from the left to the right, and they cut off in the middle of the screen with 1/2 of one showing than nothing for the rest of the screen over.

Are either of these problems due to my screen being 4:3?

Hi, I made this Mod for 16:9, as I said in the first post, I don't even have 4:3 TV anymore, so it was never tested on 4:3. Sorry. And yes the aspect ratio is stretched for the icons to keep them all the same size. If you don't see picture similar to the screens in first post, then something is wrong.
This looks awesome....looking forward to testing out when I get home.

As a question, after you decided to mod the mediastream skin, how long did it take you to get to grips with all of it? I've been very tempted to dust off my skills and give it a go, as I think I can offer something - however, the girlfriend would be cross if I had to dedicate all my spare time to it!! Tongue

Cheers,

Bramblepants
thanks for the reply minimalko, I did see you say you made it for 16:9 but I thought I'd ask if my issue were due to 4:3 or not. I guess that means I'll have to go out and get a WS monitor so I can use this skin how it's meant to look. Thanks for giving me a good reason to upgrade my monitor Smile
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release3