[Apple TV] Install new skins
I been having the same problem... my skin wont show up.

i have a macbook pro and im trying to sftp via cyberduck to my appletv2.

my step-by-step intructions:

1. I have downloaded the Aeon skin https://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga
2. Save it on desktop and unzip the file.
3. Next is i've downloaded Cyberduck and
4. I take the UNZIP file and transfer it into the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/skin (its not the zip file its a folder called AEON and within the folder there are files like 720p, media,sounds etc.)
5. Now i go into my my apple tv2, xbmc, and try to find the skin but the only skins that show up are the ph3 and confluence. I'm sorry im not at home right now but i believe thats what there called.

Please help!!! i have no idea why i cant see any skins. thanks!!!
Cheach87 Wrote:I been having the same problem... my skin wont show up.

i have a macbook pro and im trying to sftp via cyberduck to my appletv2.

my step-by-step intructions:

1. I have downloaded the Aeon skin https://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga
2. Save it on desktop and unzip the file.
3. Next is i've downloaded Cyberduck and
4. I take the UNZIP file and transfer it into the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/skin (its not the zip file its a folder called AEON and within the folder there are files like 720p, media,sounds etc.)
5. Now i go into my my apple tv2, xbmc, and try to find the skin but the only skins that show up are the ph3 and confluence. I'm sorry im not at home right now but i believe thats what there called.

Please help!!! i have no idea why i cant see any skins. thanks!!!

First, this Mac OS X subforum is for the ATV1. For ATV2 you want the iOS subforum.

Second, this thread is very outdated and you shouldn't bother copying the folders directly. Use the add-ons menu in Settings. If the skin is not listed in a repo, and instead downloaded (like the one you want to use) you need to keep it in a zip file and use the "Install from zip" option.
thanks for the info Ned scott!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Install new skins0