ATVUSB-Creator 0.3 image request
It sounds like you really have to swap USB stick. Try another one.....
Could be but I read on another thread that mines supposed to work fine - that said I've just tried stripping off the software that came with it and will see soon.

But even though they're cheap I dont have the cash kicking around to just try loads of brands.
Well I bought another USB - still the same error.

Okay here's what I'm using:

USBs
SanDisk cruzer 4gb micro
Transcend JetFlash V30 2GB

IMG files (applied using dd.exe)
ATVpatchstick2.1.img
ATVPatch-3.0.img

Heres the command lines I'm putting in to write the image

dd --list
dd if=atvpatch-3.0.img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk2\DP(1)0-0+9 bs=1M --progress

\\?\Device\Harddisk2\DP(1)0-0+9 is what --list returns as my removable drive like so

\\.\Volume{1726eb56-9863-11dd-9571-0013d4dea6d7}\
link to \\?\Device\Harddisk2\DP(1)0-0+9
removeable media
Mounted on \\.\f:

Can you see anything I'm doing wrong as this is peeing me off just a little now as I bought all this to use XBMC as it by far and away the best media application I've seen.

Thanks,

Lumpy...
Okay I think I know what the issue was - I did not unmount the drive (Transcend one) before writing the image.

Use this command to unmount in windows:

mountvol g: /D

Replace the "g:" with the drive letter of your USB.

Also if you see two removable drives listed with the dd --list command I used the first of the two with much better results - but of course be careful as that may not work for you and may damage another driver you have Oo

So for now I've downloaded an application called Putty (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtat...nload.html) and appear to have SSH'd to it - now once I figure out how to get the XBMC launcher over I may be good Smile
Ah, okay for anyone else that might find this useful I located a program called WinSCP (http://winscp.net/eng/index.php) this will allow you to copy the file over.

Then you can run it using the below command from within putty:

sudo sh ./XBMCLauncher-0.2-debug.run

It will then say the following:

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing XBMCLauncher 0.2-debug.....
== Extracting XBMCLauncher.frappliance
XBMCLauncher.frappliance successfully installed.

Finder must be restarted in order to complete the installation.

Would you like to do this now? (Y/n) Y

== Restarting Finder
just a note for those playing with dd.exe on windows. dd.exe is very unforgiving, if you select the wrong drive, it will not care.

One way of keeping the mistake factor down is to have dd.exe only look at removable disks. To do this, rename

dd.exe

to

dd-removable.exe

This is only allow listing and dd operations to/from removable disks.
Cheers - I'm writing up a guide now and I'll use that if you don;t mind Smile
no problem, and just an status update to atvusb-creator, looks like OSX issues have been resolved and I'm turning my attention now to the windows version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATVUSB-Creator 0.3 image request0