Choose audio device?
Question 
Hey,

First post, so I really must start by saying thank you to all of you who are helping to create this great piece of software.

Now, on to my question: Is there any way of telling XBMC which audio device to use for sound output?

Here's why: I have a dual-monitor setup. One monitor is a simple flatscreen monitor that I use for normal work (you know - email, Internet, office work) as well as some occasional gaming by my children; the other one is a flatscreen TV that I watch movies on. On top of that, I have two audio devices. One is hooked to the monitor's built-in speakers, the other one is hooked to a 5.1 surround set that is grouped around the TV. As I use the monitor for all applications except one, I have to set set the default audio device to the one hooked to the monitor. As a result, when I play movies (or music for that matter) through XBMC, the sound comes out of the monitor's speakers.

Right now I am using MediaPortal for the single reason that it has the option of selecting the audio output device, but I'd rather switch to XBMC.
Not yet but a feature request is open on trac.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep an eye on the request's status.
brulsmurf Wrote:Right now I am using MediaPortal for the single reason that it has the option of selecting the audio output device, but I'd rather switch to XBMC.

I'm in the same boat as you, i want to switch to XBMC soo bad, but i don't want to have to keep switching sound cables (or use a splitter..).
ah good, this will save me changing audio in control panel when using audio over HDMI
So this sort of thing is possible? I would love to have this automatically selected for me (and switch back when closed down). I'm currently using Media Center but I hate having to switch back and forth. This would be awesome and hope that it shows up in soon.
WiSo Wrote:Not yet but a feature request is open on trac.

Sorry to bother you - but could you please tell us the ticket number? I can't seem to find it (although I did find a similar request for OSX). Thanks!
Sure -> http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4396
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choose audio device?0