nlite and xbmc
Im interested in making a build of xp with nlite. Looks like a good way to make xbmc boot super fast, and seems to be what a number of people are doing judging from some of the threads here.

Is there an optimal config for nlite to run xbmc?

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has tried this about what is needed and what can be cut-down.
Why don't you try tinyXP instead?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Yeah I'm using tinyXP and its excellent.
looks like theres a lot of versions. which do you recommend?
the latest one?
It really doesn't matter what kind of XP you install. TinyXP, MicroXP or a selfmade nlite version. XBMC itself doesn't has very little dependencies. It doesn't rely on DirectX, DotNET, IE7 or on any other M$ "inventions"

This only applies if you use your PC as a dedicated XBMC machine. If your try to run other software you'll might need some of the components that are left out.

Note: Tiny and Micro XP are "a" solution, but they are far from perfect. Even those need some heavy register tweaking to avoid some irritating elements. With a dedicated HTPC in mind they should have tweaked those items.
LAst I looked XBMC for windows still used Directx for audio so you probably need that
You're right. Most of these ready made XP's are based on XP SP2 or SP3, so the basic DirectX components are there.

I should be more eloborate. I meant things like the latest DX9,10 libraries or things like the Managed DirectX runtimes.

What it boils down to is that you can strip XP down to it's minimum and XBMC would still work. You just might expect other windows software/additions/features are not working....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nlite and xbmc0