Album/Track info from ID3v2 tag if available
Thumbs Up 
i would like to see an album/track osd screen changed. just like the one that is currently in use, but instead of connecting to http://www.allmusic.com to retrieve the album information, add a xml switch so you can view info from the mp3 id3v2 tag.

the info screen should be able to change from track to track. (great for those long mp3 playlists) and maybe add a next and back button.

this would also enable users that are not connected to the internet view osd info.

the comment field in the id3v2 tag should be used for the artist & album info...

id3v2 tags can be updated with tag&rename which gets album info and art from http://www.allmusic.com and saves all the information to id3v2 tag.

the id3v2 info below was pulled from one of my 9,000 mp3's.

the data from that should be easly added to the album info screen in lue of connecting to allmusic.com.

let me know what you all think.
thanks!!
-nathan
can the track info screen get it's information from the id3v2 tag?
that tag&rename program was also great for renaming all my mp3's so they where fat-x (42 characters and no , or +....)
only 42, before ftp'n them. 1 step renamed all 9000 mp3 files
hi,

good ideas.....
great idea!! & then add it as a visualisation!!!
can this all be done as visualisation?

can you display information from the id3v2 tag as visualisation?

can you display album art from the id3v2 tag as visualisation?

can the visualisation reset when the next track is played so the information is updated?
including lyrics and album art as an option..... and off course the mood tag!!! i also masstagged my collection using tag&rename.
:bump:

can the visualisation reset when the next track is played so the information is updated?
(nathan909 @ june 22 2004,01:54 Wrote::bump:

yes, yes, yes, and yes
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
(nickman @ june 22 2004,08:03 Wrote:
(nathan909 @ june 22 2004,01:54 Wrote::bump:

yes, yes, yes, and yes
really?

how does the visualisation get this information? as far as i knew the only thing it knew about was the song name. i was going to add the album art and other info to the interface for the visualisation that i am working on  (still), so if its already available can you tell me how to get it?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album/Track info from ID3v2 tag if available0