• 2(current)
MediaStream v0.95 Released (13/10/2008)
Thanks haken for the updated font. Saves me a bit of work .. hehe.

Added to our SVN.

D
Exclamation 
haken Wrote:I made some clean-up in CAPS fonts, this time no only with polish ones (many international characters were alligned unproperly or were not capitalized). Download it: http://www.solidexpert.com/Caps_are_fixed.zip
I feel almost as a member of the teamWink

Thank you very much for your update, haken, itr is much appreciated! It solved some of my newer problems with 0.95, but not all. I'll try to describe which letters and which fonts I still cant't see the correct characters (I'm Portuguese) - Each missing character apears as two:

Home Main Title Font CAPS:
É/é - aperars as - Ã@
Ú/ú - aperars as - ú

Home Slide Menu CAPS:
É/ú - aperars as - é
Ú/ú - aperars as - ú
Ç/ç - aperars as - ç
Õ/õ - aperars as - ÃQ
Ã/ã - aperars as - ã

Setting Menu Thin CAPS on top:
Ç/ç - aperars as - ç
Õ/õ - aperars as - õ

Settings Menu Small CAPS on right side:
Í/í - apears as - 'Ã '

Settings Menu for Skin, Normal Letter, Normal Text:
ã - ã
ç - ç
õ - õ
í - ÷
ó - ó
ú - ê
â - â
é - é
Ú - Ã□
(...probably the same problem for this font's caps...)

Those were the ones I detected at a first glimpse, probably each of these characters are missing from every font.
If you can correct that I would much appreciate it!
Thanks in advance,
FragMenthor
I think it is something with titlecaps.ttf (fat and bold) font - it is much smaller than new defaultcaps.ttf and doesn't include all codepages. Would be easier if you post some screenshots... Try also install these fonts on your PC and check how they behave (eg. in Word). All I did with original fonts was simply copy/paste characters (bad one was replaced with good one). It is possible that Portuguese code page is not added in titlecaps font.
I hope JustMeD will look closer on international compabillity of MediaStream...
@FragMenthor

I have found your problem - it is not a matter of font - Portuguese language XML for MediaStream is incorrect.
1. Please open it in Notepad (strings.xml)
2. Change <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?> to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
3. Make correction to all translation strings (find/replace?)
4. "Save as" in Notepad with UTF-8 as codepage
5. Replace language file in MediaStream skin
6. Post fixed language file on this forum

P.S. You can use portuguese language xml I have prepared, just fix the strings: download
Love the new changes ! keep on keep on guys ! Smile
The library views are getting better, thats good nes ! Wink

However a small little request...
I also bellive many parts of the skin is to dark. On a fresh computer monitor
things look ok. but on my 42" Samsung LCD TV everything is a tad to dark so it's difficult to separate one thing from the other. i can manually adjust my tv's brightness and contrast but even then im not quite happy.

If this skin was on SVN i would just download the images, batch adsjust all the dark ones a little brighter then create a "brighter" theme. Smile

So my request is that if possible in the future you guys could add a new theme to the skin that is lighter/brighter ? Or alternativ 2 would be to gimme access to the images inside your xpr file and i would gladly create a new them Wink
The-Boxhead Wrote:Love the new changes ! keep on keep on guys ! Smile
The library views are getting better, thats good nes ! Wink

However a small little request...
I also bellive many parts of the skin is to dark. On a fresh computer monitor
things look ok. but on my 42" Samsung LCD TV everything is a tad to dark so it's difficult to separate one thing from the other. i can manually adjust my tv's brightness and contrast but even then im not quite happy.

If this skin was on SVN i would just download the images, batch adsjust all the dark ones a little brighter then create a "brighter" theme. Smile

So my request is that if possible in the future you guys could add a new theme to the skin that is lighter/brighter ? Or alternativ 2 would be to gimme access to the images inside your xpr file and i would gladly create a new them Wink

I think this is because monitors and TVs have different 'black levels'. So a skin build using a monitor will look darker when displayed on a TV.
I have to be honest guys...I'm looking at the skin on a 32" Toshiba 1080p television and it looks fine. I feel that I am experienced enough to make the statement, as I've come from a very old SD television...I've been on both sides of the fence.

For me, the blacks are not too dark, and the colours and background enough to be seen. Bear in mind that the fanart was ALWAYS going to be incidental, making sure that the media was prominent and took the focus. I believe the guys have stayed true to this.

You should also bear in mind that if the team carried out every request made in the forums, you would have a skin that no-one could or would want to use as it would be too bulky, cluttered and unwieldy.
haken Wrote:I made some clean-up in CAPS fonts, this time no only with polish ones (many international characters were alligned unproperly or were not capitalized). Download it: http://www.solidexpert.com/Caps_are_fixed.zip
I feel almost as a member of the teamWink

Thx, fixed one problem, but one to go with norwegian characthers.

Its probably an easy fix tho.. My problem is with the letter øØ. When a sentence starts with Ø, its displayed like it should(capitalized), but when its inside a word its not..

This sentence looks wrong: "HVORDAN ER DITT DRøMMELANDSLAG", while in "ØNSKER SEG BEDRE BY" its like it should.

Don't expect you to fix this as well, but now the team knows at least =)

Thx.
@Darre
I think I fixed this. Download
Greets for northern country!
offcourse i dont say that every request should be taken into the skin. That would make the skin unusable.
However i have also come from long time back using xbox and a 28" CRT tv so i have gone trough the paces also.. been using alotta black themed skins from way back and i bellive all of them have a tendency to be just slightly to black, not much but just a little. The black graphics are a little to black...

And my experience is that most LCD TV's has another black level than most monitors and crt tellies. I have runned much more than xbmc on my LCD tv and atleast on my tv it's always alott more "black" than my monitors or other stuff.

I'm just no simply making a request but actually offer to help out with creating a "brighter" them. Offcourse it might be just me that feels like this is an issue in that case i would just make a mod for myself.
however if there is more people who bellive that using a slightly brighter them of mediastream is a good idea. then we all should share and contribute to this becoming a reality, not just requesting and demanding Wink

I hope some day that the exelent razorfish team decide that using SVN is a good idea and making more people contribute. I dont see that more different themes in mediastream would be a bad thing ? Som like it greenish some like it yellow som like it dark some like it bright. i think that more themes would just make mediastream fit even more people.
Thumbs Up 
haken Wrote:@FragMenthor

I have found your problem - it is not a matter of font - Portuguese language XML for MediaStream is incorrect.
1. Please open it in Notepad (strings.xml)
2. Change <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?> to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
3. Make correction to all translation strings (find/replace?)
4. "Save as" in Notepad with UTF-8 as codepage
5. Replace language file in MediaStream skin
6. Post fixed language file on this forum

P.S. You can use portuguese language xml I have prepared, just fix the strings: download

That's simply amazing!!! Thanks, haken! It worked like a charm!
Just have one letter in the Main Title CAPS font that is wrong:
'É' apears as 'È'

I'll submit the new portuguese translation for 0.95 in the correct format, in the correct thread.

Thanks again for your time!
FragMenthor.
rwparris2 Wrote:Yeah I agree, I feel like the black background covers fanart a bit too much, I'd like to see it lightened up a bit.

I'd like to throw in a vote for this too - if the opacity of the black backdrop (in front of the fanart) could be adjusted to be a little more transparent, it would look amazing.

Thanks.
Quote:That's simply amazing!!! Thanks, haken! It worked like a charm!
Just have one letter in the Main Title CAPS font that is wrong:
'É' apears as 'È'

Piece of cake... Download

@JustMeD - you should add it to svn, now caps fonts are ok for polish, norwegian and portugeuse usersWink
Thanks haken I'll add that now.

D
deepblue Wrote:I'd like to throw in a vote for this too - if the opacity of the black backdrop (in front of the fanart) could be adjusted to be a little more transparent, it would look amazing.

Thanks.

Yea I'd like this as well...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.95 Released (13/10/2008)3