• 7(current)
MediaStream v0.95 Released (13/10/2008)
xbs08 Wrote:Is it possible to add a delay in MS for loading fanart in library mode?
ex. don't try to load fanart when passing thru only load when it stoped at a given movie.

When fanart is not hiden older cpu's, like mine (AMD64 3200+), dont allow faster navigation thru large libraries, because the process is somewhat slowed down when Media Stream tries to load the fanart.

this is a FANTASITC IDEA. teamrazorfish PLEASE put this is for us XBOX users, coz fanart kills the memory.
Got a Logitech Harmony ONE ? Click here for my XBMC Customization HOW TO
Right, been away for thew last 9 or 10 days on holiday so just getting back and trying to read up on what I've missed.

tour93 Wrote:How could one add sort by date in TV shows and Movies like it is in Videos?
I can't think why it would have been left out but I'll look into adding it when I get a sec.

tour93 Wrote:Like I said nice skin but like with others (mc360 or Aeon) some videos (tv show .avi) don't work while with PM3HD everything is working, and this since July.

Sounds like memory issues, try using the lite theme and/or reducing the resolution of your fanart.

migueld Wrote:On the info window, can the file path be made so that it scrolls and shows the entire path? Currently it stays fixed, and the entire path can't be seen:

Will do this as a temporary measure for the next release (longer term I don't like to see too much auto-scrolling so am planning an alternative).

konradwalsh Wrote:will there ever be a music videos section under music...? or even under videos

Yep, will add it under Music.

johnny utah Wrote:Are there any additional views coming for the pictures/programs sections?

Like a picture wall view for example.

This would make it easier to scan through large numbers of pictures at once.

Will be looking at what views we are currently allowing on the Programs section and we have a Wall view already in development which *may* (aspect ratios and wall views don't mix well) be made available for Pictures.

xbs08 Wrote:Is it possible to add a delay in MS for loading fanart in library mode?
This is what happens for TV Shows (I think) so I don't see why we can't do the same for movies (tbh I already thought it did that but will check the code to make sure)

jessex- Wrote:is finnish translation already done? if not, i think i can translate that.

Nope, it would be great if you could do it Big Grin

katz Wrote:this is a FANTASITC IDEA. teamrazorfish PLEASE put this is for us XBOX users, coz fanart kills the memory.

Having a delay won't reduce the memory load of fanart. To do that you'll need to reduce the resolution of the fanart itself (quite a few of them are 1920x1080 and bigger!)
I think that RSS feeds text should be white entirely. Blueish news are really hard to read.
katz Wrote:this is a FANTASITC IDEA. teamrazorfish PLEASE put this is for us XBOX users, coz fanart kills the memory.

The delay will only prevent loading the fanart instantly.

Oddly, in my xbox i can navigate without slowdowns and i can see the letter at the button of the screen showing where i'm at. In windows i can not, cause it's really slow and it does not activates this feature.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:The delay will only prevent loading the fanart instantly.

Oddly, in my xbox i can navigate without slowdowns and i can see the letter at the button of the screen showing where i'm at. In windows i can not, cause it's really slow and it does not activates this feature.

Are you using a remote for Windows?
yes, MCE model 1039
I'm also using IRSS with the repeat at 50 ms

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Will do this as a temporary measure for the next release (longer term I don't like to see too much auto-scrolling so am planning an alternative).

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a fan of scrolling either, so if can come up with something different, then that'd be even better Wink
Side note:::
I dont see any way to donate to you on your team razorfish website..
I would like to ssupport what you are doing.. particularly cause you take so much time to answer our questions
is it just me or is there a blue clock text behind the white clock text showing the same time overlaying each other
One thing I've noticed with people new to the skin: it takes a long time for people to realize that the "Movies", "Music", etc options on the Home screen have submenus if you click right. Maybe add a ">>" icon or similar under the titles to make it more obvious?

haken Wrote:I think that RSS feeds text should be white entirely. Blueish news are really hard to read.

I'll second that.
Vaslav Wrote:One thing I've noticed with people new to the skin: it takes a long time for people to realize that the "Movies", "Music", etc options on the Home screen have submenus if you click right. Maybe add a ">>" icon or similar under the titles to make it more obvious?

I'll second that.

Ya.. i found this by accident
Exclamation 
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Having a delay won't reduce the memory load of fanart. To do that you'll need to reduce the resolution of the fanart itself (quite a few of them are 1920x1080 and bigger!)

I have all fanart at 960X540. I have 300+ movies and am still running into Memory Problems, mind you 0.95 does not work at all for ANY movies
(some dont even load, others cannot fastforward = Memory Probs), whereas .94 works fine; which im using now.
Got a Logitech Harmony ONE ? Click here for my XBMC Customization HOW TO
katz Wrote:I have all fanart at 960X540. I have 300+ movies and am still running into Memory Problems, mind you 0.95 does not work at all for ANY movies
(some dont even load, others cannot fastforward = Memory Probs), whereas .94 works fine; which im using now.

The new font takes up a bit more memory than before so will look into adding another font option to use the old font at some point hopefully that should sort out the memory issues (but will be less readable on screen as the new font is definitely more readable).
konradwalsh Wrote:Ya.. i found this by accident

Did you read the FAQ?

It's not 100% explicit, but there's a --> that may suggest pressing right arrow Big Grin

Any word on v0.96? I don't have anything wrong with my V0.95, but I'm just so excited about this skin I can hardly wait for each new version. It's like Christmas.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.95 Released (13/10/2008)3