Visualization for airplay
I am using the airplay function using XBMC as a receiver. Using it both for video and audio (e.g., web radio triggered through tunein app). I don't really like the visual that comes up (full screen, some form of 3D equalizer). Is there any chance not to display any visual at all and/or just a small small (size of a artwork). I am a bit cryptic in my description, but curious whether you undertand what I mean? Would be fantasticto see this
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
there is no special visualization for just AirPlay, the viz is used for all music playback. You can change the visualization used in XBMCs music settings: System -> Settings -> Music -> Playback -> Visualization (it's at the bottom of the settings list). There you can select which one of the available visualizations to use if at all.

As for the artwork: This depends on the skin, but usually the album cover is shown, which should work just fine if you play any song from your iOS devices itunes library. Not sure if this will ever work for webradio, because I don't think webradio stations are sending the album cover along with the stream and thus it can't be forwarded to XBMC via airplay.
Thanks. I was thinking of something else than artwork. I actually would prefer webradio not to have any visualization at all (but just staying on the main menu) with a tiny square somewhere (bottom left or so) indiacting that there is something happening and allowing to stop the web radio.

Already feasible or a feature request?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
you can always leave the fullscreen playback mode and switch back to any other screen you like (hit tab or escape)
Thanks, I've tried that. Two issues with this:

1) The visual still remains in the background (instead of the nice fanart of my menu screen

2) I would just very much prefer that I don't need to click on the remote after activating airplay. Any chance to get an option that it doesn't even start full screen mode for music airplay?
Settings -> Music -> Playback -> Visualization -> None
We are out of options. No more options. Use what you got already Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
only AirPlay is triggering fullscreen playback of music atm - if you use upnp to stream your music to XBMC then playback will start in the background.
(2012-10-15, 13:47)da-anda Wrote: only AirPlay is triggering fullscreen playback of music atm - if you use upnp to stream your music to XBMC then playback will start in the background.

Thanks - I know. That's why I was hoping for a feature to have airplay basically behave the same way with no visual. If not as an option, any chance to get this as the default way?
airplay behaving differently is a bug.
(2012-10-15, 16:10)spiff Wrote: airplay behaving differently is a bug.

Great to know and hope there will be a "fix" at some stage.
it was fixed shortly after.
(2012-10-16, 10:29)spiff Wrote: it was fixed shortly after.

Brilliant, thanks! Looking forward to the next monthly!
you can also grab a nightly - but the last merge window was a bit messy (lot's of stuff got in), so there might be some bugs here and there (f.e. missing thumbnails on some places due to a refactoring). If you dare, backup your database just in case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualization for airplay0