Advice Request - Multiple Windows based HTPC's with XBMC
Lightbulb 
I'm after advice from the community on the following scenario....

1 "server" based on, windows home server, for storage of all media files.

3 PC's in different rooms in the house, all used at some time or other as HTPC's.

I want to use XBMC on all the machines to access the media on the server.

Ideally I'd like to update and maintain a single instance of XBMC that can run on all machines so that I can

1. Avoid having to do multiple installs on each PC each time a new version/patch is released
2. Update the library from any PC and have it available on all with having to import/export library changes

I was thinking of installing XBMC to a shared drive on the server and running it form each PC from that share but wondered how viable that may be given that different machines may need slightly different config e.g. for video in order to get best results displsy wise.

I was also concerned about the implications of me and the mrs trying to change configs or update the library at the same time.

If the ideal "single install" isn't possible then what about at least a centralised library approach where all PC's use the same library - any thoughts on making that work?

The key sceanrio I'm trying to address is that the main HTPC is downstairs on the main TV, but the time and place I can do the most library updating (I don't like to do it automatically due to accuracy and performnace issues - no offence to developers Big Grin) is upstairs on my office PC.

Thoughts appreciated.

Tachikoma1373

PS: Devs - I know you here this a lot but XBMC really rocks - I've come back to it on the PC cause I don't need any live tv support and quite frankly it is better than anything else - thanks!
That is not possible today, read the discussion in these threads (in the feature suggestions forums) for more information => http://forum.xbmc.org/tags.php?tag=odbc
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks for the pointers - folder sync approach it is for now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice Request - Multiple Windows based HTPC's with XBMC0