garbled fonts
i know you need more info for a real bug report, but before i dug into it i thought i'd just try it at a high level to see if its worth further investigation

ever since one of the alphas, i can't watch movies anymore. when i select one, it loads but in an odd resolution with the outline of a window around it. when i stop the movie, the fonts for xmbc are essentially garbled blocks. i can tell where characters are supposed to be but there are just solid blocks instead, plus its all a bit askew

i have the intel g35 graphics chip and the latest drivers running this on vista

worth posting logs and troubleshooting or known issue and i should get a diff vid card or drivers?
Settings->Video->Player->Resolution Set to Auto.

That should fix it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for the help. That setting alone was not enough - i also had to set the video playback resolution to 'best available'.

all working great now. after using xbmc on the xbox for many years its nice to have a fully working version on my htpc!
Actually, that was my fix as well. I already had resolution set to Auto, so it may be the combination that fixes it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
garbled fonts0