Request for AC3 5.1 support for analog
Hi guys,

First off, I love XBMC, incredible work by everyone involved. buuuut....

Every DVD and video file I have with 5.1 (AC3, DTS etc.) sound has really LOW volume. I've read every single post explaining why. I know that in analog mode it's being downsampled to 2 channels. I know that if I switch to digital mode and use optical connections everything will kinda work out. But I can't use optical connections (at least not yet - and that's not going to change any time soon) Sad.

I've been using Media player classic and VLC for all my playback needs and they play the AC3/DTS without any hitches. But now I can bear to look at the windows GUI anymore... XBMC has killed it for me.

Is there any way we can add this to Features list? Is there a technical reason behind not implementing it? I'm not a code dude but I'm more than willing to pitch in with ideas and testing. Maybe AC3filter can be inserted into XBMC? Huh

From the sheer number of posts it's obvious that everyone wants this feature put in. How many Xvids nowadays don't use ac3? It's really the only major thing that's holding back XBMC for me.
Look at our feature tickets and trac and you probably will find something similar.
The problem is not the willingness but the needed people to code such things.
Even worse for things which are purely Windows related as we would need more Devs here.
So if anyone is willing to provide a patch I would be happy to support it. Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request for AC3 5.1 support for analog0