Apple Remote on Mac Mini
Question 
Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with a virgin installation of XBMC (Atlantis Beta 2, downloaded today) on Leopard/Intel (Mac Mini), connected to a TV (no keyboard or mouse). Everything worked fine, until I left the mac mini alone (XBMC running) for a while, after fiddling with it a fair bit. When I switched on TV, I suddenly found that Apple Remote is now controlling both XBMC and Mac (i.e. it moves selection in XBMC, and at the same time changes Mac's volume up/down, and when I hit "Menu", Front Row starts/quits).

I tried to quit XBMC and restart - still the same. The only way I was able to get Remote to talk exclusively to XBMC back was by disabling "Always Run" in XBMC Settings / Apple Remote and restarting XBMC.

I now have two questions:

1) What caused the behaviour? How can I avoid this happening in the future?

2) Is there a way to replace FrontRow with XBMC, i.e. I want to hit "Menu" on Apple Remote and XBMC would start (if it isn't running) or become the front application (if it is running but hidden by Apple-H command)?

Thanks!
CDPlayer Wrote:Hi everyone,

2) Is there a way to replace FrontRow with XBMC, i.e. I want to hit "Menu" on Apple Remote and XBMC would start (if it isn't running) or become the front application (if it is running but hidden by Apple-H command)?

Thanks!

Have you found a solution for this functionality?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Remote on Mac Mini0