XBMC shrinks to taskbar when inserting DVD.
When I insert a DVD into the DVD drive, XBMC shrinks to the taskbar when it recognizes the DVD. The DVD plays fine after hitting alt-tab. It's just kind of annoying having to do that. Anyone else have this problem and a solution?
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
Is it because the windows auto run dialog pops up? If so just set it to 'no action' and check the box that says always do that action.
If it's not the autorun dialog then maybe some other app is set to start already when a dvd is inserted? maybe reset the default action on dvds.

edit:
To check what the default setting is, or to change it follow these steps. (taken from http://www.winbookcorp.com/_technote/WBTA20000846.htm)
1 Open My Computer, by either selecting it from the Start menu or by double-clicking the icon on the desktop, depending on how you have Windows XP configured.
2 Locate your CD/DVD drive (it is normally drive DSmile and right-click on it to bring up the context menu and then click on Properties. Select the AutoPlay tab by clicking on it.
3 Select the content type you want to modify from the top box by clicking on the down arrow. The content (types of files and disks) you have available as choices will depend on the kind of drive you have.
It's not autoplay or any other application starting it. Already checked those possibilities. I have Vista so autoplay is super easy to configure. I opened tasked manager and watch the processes as I inserted a DVD just to make sure no process was starting. It stayed the same. So that ruled out both. Any other ideas.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
svn contains a fix which should solve the problem. Unfortunately I can't disable autorun by intercepting it but XBMC should now stay in foreground whatever happens in background.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC shrinks to taskbar when inserting DVD.0