SRT subtitles inside a 3ivX MOV
hiya all

i have a question...

i have a quicktime movie that has been encoded in 3ivx and mp3 , with a subtitle track and broken up into chapters. now when i try to play this file..i get the video and audio perfect..however theres no support fot the subtitle or the chapter selection..(skip foward/back button just restarts the entire movie again-very annoying)...also ff/rewinding is very poor just for this file type only.

is there a way of extracting and creating an .srt file from this .mov? (dont know cantonese Smile
i have the ff/rewind skips working fine now..just the subtitles arnt...

ok now i've got the subtitle file from a website that works briliantly in xbmp, however it wont in xbmc! i've tried in the /xbmc/subtitle directory and the directory of the .mov file itself(using smb to stream from a winxp computer)

... wondering if .mov's actually look for the .srt file ?..can some1 confirm this with any .mov and any .srt?

if not...could some1 add functionality to xbmc for looking for .srt subtitle files when playing a .mov?
nup no go
...the picture and audio are perfect though in 3ivx/mp3

ive tried in /xbmc/subtitles and in original directory where the file is...and i've even changed the name of all files to remove some dots that might have been been the problem...but it still wont play subtitles
tried .sub and .srt

could it be something to do with it being a .mov?
im getting same prob with a divx avi file.
how did u get the mov to even play? did u install some extra codecs?
i'd love to get 3ivx and mov working.. won't work on the build i have so far.
i also have problems with srt subtitles. i have downloaded the movie miyamoto.musashi.1954.cd2.dvdrip.divx-blackmagus and tried playing it over relax. xbmc-2004-02-01 seemed to have some problems playing this movie fluently so i tried xbmp latest build. xbmp not only played it more fluently but also played th .srt file correctly. xbmp however showed bad frame drops not sure if this can give problems for subtitle files. some codec info(used gspot 2.0):
video
4cc: div3.....name:divx 3 low-motion
bitrate:1969 kb/s
frame/sec:29.970 fps

audio:
mpeglayer3 (mp3) (0x0055) iso/mpeg
bitrate:64 kb/s cbr ...... sample rate:24000 hz

directshow render:
video media:mediasubtype_yuy2
audio media:mediasubtype_pcm
splitter/other:winamp dsp to directshow / mpeg layer-3 decoder
video codec:directvobsub (auto-loading version)
audio codec:morgan stream switcher

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SRT subtitles inside a 3ivX MOV0