Programmatic control of view? Thumbnail?
Hi, I am wondering if the view mode and folder thumbnail can be set programatically.
For instance, I browse my music library in file mode. I would like the view to be as follows:
For directories that have no music files in them or in their child directories, List mode. For directories that do not have music files in them, but do have child directories with music files, Cover Flow mode. For directories with music files in them, Song mode. If this is not possible, can I modify the viewmode database myself so I can write a script to apply this logic? It looks like it is in ViewModes.db, is this editable?

I would also like the folder thumbnail to be searched recursively, so if I have this folder structure:

Artist/Album/01 Song.mp3
Artist/Album/folder.jpg

I will see the Folder.jpg as the icon if I am browsing Album or Artist.
ViewModes.db holds all the paths, but it'll only work if you add <all> the paths to the db.

It'd be miles easier for you to just add some code to GUIViewStateMusic.cpp to set the appropriate viewmode yourself.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into both approaches and see what works best for me.

jmarshall Wrote:ViewModes.db holds all the paths, but it'll only work if you add <all> the paths to the db.

It'd be miles easier for you to just add some code to GUIViewStateMusic.cpp to set the appropriate viewmode yourself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Programmatic control of view? Thumbnail?0