Smb problem -_-
Hi.

I have installed Atlantis beta 2 inside two notebooks connected to my PC (where i have all media files inside) trough a switch 10/100 dlink. Also two xbox are connected to the same switch. PROBLEM is that with xbox i can easily reach my network and see all my shared directories but with my notebooks (with atlantis b2 version) i cannot CANNOT reach nothing. I have made the same configuration and i have tried many times.

Ah. Another important and strange thing : with my notebooks i CAN reach the network if i use the windows explorer !!! Why not with atlantis ? Stare

Can someone help me ? Tnx, i love xbmc !
Are you trying to add a souce, like video source?

I've found that I can't use the browse, SMB option in my install of beta 2. Instead, I can just add it directly. smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/share.
That worked for me.
Hey!

I have used the browse but NOTHING to do, i have modified the path in ths way :

smb://mylocalIP/ and nothing

smb://user:pass/my local IP/ but nothing

and other similar ways but nothing. What can i do ? I'm so depressed HuhSad
CosoLord Wrote:What can i do ? I'm so depressed HuhSad

Well...You could always read the manual Nod http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Xbo...ine_Manual

You need to ad them as sources by browsing to the folders on your network. You also need to make sure they are shared on the other PC.
smcnally75 Wrote:Well...You could always read the manual Nod http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Xbo...ine_Manual

You need to ad them as sources by browsing to the folders on your network. You also need to make sure they are shared on the other PC.

Maybe you don't have understood that i can't browse my network ?
I have a lot of experience tnx to my xboxes.
CosoLord Wrote:Maybe you don't have understood that i can't browse my network ?
I have a lot of experience tnx to my xboxes.

Then the issue doesn't sound like an XBMC problem but rather a problem with your network. The only thing I can recommend is that you have the folders shared on the PC and that your xbox has the proper username and password. I wonder if maybe you have reached some sort of limit too and maybe can't connect that many units to the folders.
Oh, I would also check and be sure that your notebooks are part of the same network group.
So when you add a source, you get an a text box, browse button, and and add button.

Click on the text box and enter your SMB there. smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/share
That was the only way I was able to add mine. I couldn't browse smb either. And my network is functioning normally. Windows can browse it just fine. Sorry if I wasn't clear with my workaround before.
For smcnally75

CosoLord Wrote:Ah. Another important and strange thing : with my notebooks i CAN reach the network if i use the windows explorer !!! Why not with atlantis ? Stare

As i said, i can reach my network (then i have the same network group...) with windows explorer but i can't with Atlantis. Understood now ? This is the strange thing Sad

For supernoman

I have done just like u say, in my previous proof without good results.
Very very strange. I repeat : i have 2 xbox and i know well xbmc but i have this problem with windows version. WHY ?
Help me buddies ! Wink
Quote:As i said, i can reach my network (then i have the same network group...) with windows explorer but i can't with Atlantis. Understood now ? This is the strange thing
I think xbmc uses it's own code to traverse the network, so because you can access it in windows explorer doesn't mean it's for sure going to work in xbmc.
Although I've had no problems on the network through xbmc myself.

I believe the xbmc team is looking at using native windows calls for network access, but as far as I know, it's still custom code for now.
There is an escamotage to fix my problem ?

Why i have same problem with 3 PC with Xbmc atlantis ?
I have to cry ?
Tongue
Not to beat a dead horse, but did you enter the share name in the smb line?
smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/share_name

For example, I have a share of my server 192.168.0.2 called Movies. Since I can't smb browse to it, I have to add it manually, smb://192.168.0.2/Movies, then select OK. Don't click browse. Just add it like you know better than XBMC does.

CosoLord Wrote:For supernoman

I have done just like u say, in my previous proof without good results.
Very very strange. I repeat : i have 2 xbox and i know well xbmc but i have this problem with windows version. WHY ?
Help me buddies ! Wink
easier work around:

map the shares as network drives in windows, then simply add that network drive as a source in xbmc

this way windows handles all the networking for you

also the correct syntax for SMB with username/pass is smb://user:pass@ip/share (you typed smb://user:pass/ip/share)
Tnx Bros for your help......i think that i will wait the final version.

Oh ! I have discovered other skins for xbmc ! WONDERFUL ! I like the horizon aeon but the font is SO small in my 50" ! There is a way to change that ?

I don't know if i have to open a topic in the xbox version but .... i have (in my xbox) an old t3ch version and the weather don't work now. What i have to edit to fix this problem ?

Tnx again.
Laugh
CosoLord Wrote:Tnx Bros for your help......i think that i will wait the final version.

It won't made it in Atlantis. Search the forum and you'll find several quotes of me saying that the smb client will be replaced by windows native functions after Atlantis.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smb problem -_-1