Easiest way to eject a DVD?
When I watch a DVD using MediaStream, what's the easiest way to eject the DVD when I am finished? I usually go to Videos -> Browse -> DVD (context button) Eject, which is not easy to explain to another user. The obvious answer is to walk up to the machine and press eject but sometimes the button does nothing because Linux still has the tray locked or something. I'm just wondering if there's another way to do it.
What are you using to control XBMC - remote, keyboard, etc?
I did the following -
1. Created an eject script on my HTPC (Ubuntu)
2. mapped the script to a button on my Harmony remote

The script (if you can really call it that), is simply the following -
eject -T
Laugh
Oh I use a Harmony One remote to control my Ubuntu HTPC as well. I reckon that's an acceptable idea, I just didn't know if I was missing something in MediaStream (which let's face it, has everything I could want) that did the same function.

Thanks!
HI,

just add

CD/DVD eject - disable lock

or

dev.cdrom.lock=0

to /etc/sysctl.conf

and it will always eject when you press the eject but.
CapnBry Wrote:When I watch a DVD using MediaStream, what's the easiest way to eject the DVD when I am finished? I usually go to Videos -> Browse -> DVD (context button) Eject, which is not easy to explain to another user. The obvious answer is to walk up to the machine and press eject but sometimes the button does nothing because Linux still has the tray locked or something. I'm just wondering if there's another way to do it.

The XBMC.EjectTray() (which is in shutdown menu of PM3.HD) should be nonblocked aswell.

@aexme
Nice one, will look if this is a thing we could use for XBMC Live.
If you have anymore tweaks that might be worth having in XBMC Live dont be afraid pm or put in Feature Suggestion [LIVE]

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
you can disable locking on drives i think
I always thought the easiest way was to just press the button on the front of the xbox Smile You do actually have to walk up to it to grab the disc anyhow.
Ooh thanks aexme. Sometimes when I get up and hit the eject button on the front nothing happens and I get Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easiest way to eject a DVD?0