[Apple TV] Screensaver disabled
I am currently using Atlantis Beta 2 along with Launcher 0.4 on an ATV with OS 2.2. I knew there was an update in how the ATV screensaver was handled. I generally keep it set to activate after 2 minutes. I believe that XBMC would disable it while running and then renable after it was quit. However, I noticed yesterday that once XBMC quit, the screensaver was still disabled. Perhaps it has been that way but I thought for sure that before yesterday, once XBMC quit that the screensaver was reactivated or am I just imagining things?
Right, screensaver is disabled when launching xbmc and should be reset if xbmc quits. Still there could be a few cases when screensaver is not reset, e.g. if you unplug power while xbmc is running. I just checked code and found another case: if launch of xbmc/boxee was not successful, e.g. because it is not present, screensaver settings were not reset, too. This is fixed now. Thanks for that hint.

But you see Launcher never reset screensaver settings?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well, it used to reset the screensaver settings up until yesterday. Your example of xbmc/boxee not launching successfully may be the clue - I downloaded the boxee version yesterday and tried launching it and got a message about the application not being found. So I tried again to install boxee, attempted to relaunch boxee but again got the message about the app not being found. So it looks like that is what was causing my issue with the screensaver.

Any suggestions on the failed install of boxee? When I install it, I get the progress bar, then the message about waiting and then the message saying to hit 'menu' to continue. I have two ATVs and on the other one, I was able to install and run boxee.
gilbreen Wrote:Well, it used to reset the screensaver settings up until yesterday. Your example of xbmc/boxee not launching successfully may be the clue - I downloaded the boxee version yesterday and tried launching it and got a message about the application not being found. So I tried again to install boxee, attempted to relaunch boxee but again got the message about the app not being found. So it looks like that is what was causing my issue with the screensaver.

Any suggestions on the failed install of boxee? When I install it, I get the progress bar, then the message about waiting and then the message saying to hit 'menu' to continue. I have two ATVs and on the other one, I was able to install and run boxee.

console.log please.
Here is the log.

http://pastebin.com/m3ab1d354

Thanks.
gilbreen Wrote:Here is the log.

http://pastebin.com/m3ab1d354

Thanks.

Quote:Oct 22 19:07:07 AppleTV crashdump[244]: installer crashed
Oct 22 19:07:07 AppleTV crashdump[244]: crash report written to: /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.log

Boxee installer is crashing. Now pastebin

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.log
Here is the CrashReporter.log:

http://pastebin.com/m1b35bfa7
gilbreen Wrote:Here is the CrashReporter.log:

http://pastebin.com/m1b35bfa7

in reverse order:

Quote:Command: sshd
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000001

last thing that crashed was sshd. Very strange. Never seen sshd crash. But this sshd refs Kerberos so it's not from atvusb-creator which uses dropbear. You have a problem with whatever patchstick that installed sshd.

Quote:Command: installer
Path: /usr/sbin/installer

Library not loaded: /Volumes/Data/Safari-trunk/OpenSource/WebKitBuildTiger/Release/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore
Referenced from: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptGlue

"/Volumes/Data/Safari-trunk/OpenSource" is not a default path under the native AppleTV OS. This seems to indicate that at some time, something was installed replaced the standard "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework"

All of this points to previous installs of AppleTV plugin components that are unrelated to xbmc and boxee. I would factory restore to get back to a standard native AppleTV OS install, update to 2.2, then re-patch to install ssh/xbmc/boxee. Or you might try and pull JavaScriptGlue.framework from the current AppleTV update.
davilla Wrote:in reverse order:

last thing that crashed was sshd. Very strange. Never seen sshd crash. But this sshd refs Kerberos so it's not from atvusb-creator which uses dropbear. You have a problem with whatever patchstick that installed sshd.

"/Volumes/Data/Safari-trunk/OpenSource" is not a default path under the native AppleTV OS. This seems to indicate that at some time, something was installed replaced the standard "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework"

All of this points to previous installs of AppleTV plugin components that are unrelated to xbmc and boxee. I would factory restore to get back to a standard native AppleTV OS install, update to 2.2, then re-patch to install ssh/xbmc/boxee. Or you might try and pull JavaScriptGlue.framework from the current AppleTV update.

You are correct, I had initially patched the ATV with ATVFlash patchstick. I will do as you suggest and restore and will this time use the atvusb-creator patchstick this time around.

Is there a way to save/export one's XBMC library to avoid having to rescan all my files?

Thanks again for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Screensaver disabled0