AppleTV & XVid, Display & Resolution issues?
I'm having trouble playing xvid 624x352 files. I'm getting stretched content horizontally, with bars on the top & bottom.

Here's the setup:

On a clean install of XBMC on the AppleTV 2.2, from the ATVusb-creator, then ran a XBMC loader update, then a XBMC update to Atlantis Beta 2.

I'm on a 1080i TV setting for the ATV. I launch XBMC for the first time, and it's this tiny window. So, after figuring out that it's the Resolution setting and where that lived, I set it to Fullscreen.

Great! We now have a full size image, and it's not tiny.

I've set up my NAS SMB mount, and it will play xvid files nicely.. but doesn't do the right thing with scaling.

Is the XBMC supposed to do a better job of scaling things? Or should I just set the default movie mode to something else?

Have folks come up w/ the optimum settings for your generic 624x352 xvids? (That's a pretty standard resolution from various sources, including EZTV, etc.)

-- Sorry - I tried to append this to a related thread and I think it got lost.
Just to note: It seems like playing them at a Zoom of .96 & Pixel Ratio of .67 ends up w/ a picture that's at least full screen, and not distorted. This is 16:9 content, and I'd love to know how to have the system deal with this automatically. It's a pain to switch certain things to this mode, but at least it's workable for a short term...
Great that fixed the problem for me on 1080i, I spent ages trying all sorts of settings on my ATV before I found you're post.

But my Philips 42" TV likes 576p signal over 1080i (so does my eyes).

So is there a manual hack to get this screen resolution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV & XVid, Display & Resolution issues?0