Need Information. (New to this software)
Hello,

I have been looking for a better tpe of media software. I am impressed with the screen shots and some of the descriptions for the XMDB package.

I have the following

PC Windows XP and Vista systems
Wireless N
DLink DSM 510 Media extender
Linksys 54g Media Extender.

I need a package that works well with media extenders.

I am considering buying either the Linsys 2100 or the Appletv wireless media units.

Does this software work well with the media extenders.

I will donate if I download the software. (get what you pay for and pay for what you get)

I look forward to being a productive member of the community.

Thank You

Jack L. Dillard
Sorry

I forgot to mention that I am currently using WMP 11 as my media server. I am currently unhappy with the file management.
Why not install it on your XP or vista systems and try it out? And yes, it includes a UPnP server.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I am having difficulty, I have been advised to try XBMC by a friend as I was getting pissed off with TVersity not streaming SRT files on my DSM510. I have created my libary and all works fine on PC. My DSM 510- detects the XMBC Video and Music databases, when I select either one it has no contents so I cannot stream anything from XMBC to DSM510. can anyone advise how to get it working correctly, it must be something simple that I have forgotten to do.
Your better off creating a new thread instead of jumping on the back of one that's 2 years old and didnt really go anywhere.!!!
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
cheers will do

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Information. (New to this software)0