• 2(current)
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread
peppe_sr Wrote:good! great for me.
tested even on xbmc windows version.
on windows I haven't the "wait" problem.
it'll be possible to move the "now playng" box in the home page from the left to the right? in this way the icons are covered.

thanks a lot

Busy dialog is disabled in Windows so you wont see it there.
I moved the now playing to the right just a bit ago Smile It's in SVN.
Wir3d Wrote:I moved the now playing to the right just a bit ago Smile It's in SVN.

downloaded and installed that's what I wont, now is perfect for me!
I'll stay tuned for all news from you.Big Grin
just wanted to personally thank you for releasing this new skin seeing how all these other people/groups have been working on new skins FOREVER without actually releasing ANYTHING!

a few things about the skin....rss feeds on my SD tv are alittle blurred and when viewing video list everything gets "jumbled" (i.e. video clips with movies). oh and fast forward while watching movies works great....a big improvement over PM III.
lord fluffy Wrote:rss feeds on my SD tv are alittle blurred and when viewing video list everything gets "jumbled" (i.e. video clips with movies). oh and fast forward while watching movies works great....a big improvement over PM III.

Would it be possible to post some pictures of your issues?
RSS looks fine on my SD TV (NTSC).

I'm not sure what exactly you mean regarding jumbled. Can you expand on this?
Added 3D Covers to Music and Videos.
Fixed info for TV Show Poster View.
Added horizontal scrollbars to appropriate views
Few spelling errors (oops)

Changes are in SVN.
some news about the problem on the "wait" screen?
peppe_sr Wrote:some news about the problem on the "wait" screen?

I PM'd Jmarshall but haven't heard anything yet.

*UPDATE*
Looks like it has to do with how the busy dialog takes a snapshot of the current background.
Even if I diable everything in the doalog it still becomes distortded.
Added Overlay Icons today.
I would suggest reset skin setings and then reload skin under Settings --> Skin Settings --> Extras.
Only on xbox though, right Wir3d? Doesn't seem to do it on win32 (trunk).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

only on xbox!
jmarshall Wrote:Only on xbox though, right Wir3d? Doesn't seem to do it on win32 (trunk).

Correct, we are only seeing it on the XBOX.
My understanding is the Busy Dialog is disabled for other OS's.
It works fine on win32 trunk, which does have the busy dialog. I'll have to add some sleeps and so on to xbox to trigger the busy dialog.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi Wir3d,
Really like this skin, but I've got a couple of niggles... (i'm using Xbox, atlantis final)

In episode view for videos I can't see the "watched" icon, think it used to be there as a little tick mark but doesn't show up anymore.

When I'm streaming video and it pauses to buffer, the "buffering" dialogue text doesn't show up, just a black bar. you *can* see the text if you have the video player info showing too (black button on xbox controller) . I also think it'd look neater if the buffering dialogue was at the bottom of the screen (like in PM3) rather than the middle.

Other than that works really nicely for me.
cromity123 Wrote:In episode view for videos I can't see the "watched" icon, think it used to be there as a little tick mark but doesn't show up anymore.

When I'm streaming video and it pauses to buffer, the "buffering" dialogue text doesn't show up, just a black bar. you *can* see the text if you have the video player info showing too (black button on xbox controller) . I also think it'd look neater if the buffering dialogue was at the bottom of the screen (like in PM3) rather than the middle.

Thanks for the kind comments!

Regarding episode view:
It's working for me on both XBOX and PC.
Download the latest version of Connected and see if it helps.

Regarding the buffer dialog:
Again, it's working for me on XBOX and PC.
Would it be possible to post a picture of the problem?
Just got the latest version of the skin and still don't see "watched" icon on xbox and windows, i reset the skin settings on xbox but no change - might be something i've done? XBMC knows which episodes are watched and unwatched because i can change it in the menu for each episode...

the buffering thing is shown on xbox version below, but also seems to happen on windows (don't use windows version much so don't know how to get the video player stuff to show)
NB this is using BBC iplayer plugin if that makes any difference?:

buffering dialogue but no text!

text shows when video player fps etc showing:
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Connected - Skin Release Thread2