Bug Report: Remote Access
It seems like the new version of XBMC crashes my Windows XP machine when I try to log on with Windows XP Remote Access. Here's my current setup:

- Windows XP Professional, fully updated
- XBMC starts automatically when logging in (fullscreen)
- VMWare Workstation also starts automatically when logging in and starts a virtual machine
- I used TweakUI to specify an auto-logon account
- I am using IR Server Suite so I can use the MCE remote

I experienced the error after installing the new version of XBMC. I also applied the high-priority patch that Microsoft released last week, in between patch days. All the other parameters of the system were unchanged. After I rebooted the machine and tried to log in remotely, the server would reboot.

The way this used to work is that XBMC would be minimized when I logged in remotely. Sadly I have not yet been able to test with a monitor directly attached to the HTPC, because we're moving right now and I have yet to attach the TV to the HTPC (I need a longer cable).

When I find out more, I'll post here. Hope I can try to shut down XBMC and then log in remotely to identify whether it is indeed an XBMC problem, but it does seem most likely to be one. If others have experienced this problem, please also report in this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug Report: Remote Access0