How can I add Charset or somthing to read Thai font?
I can't read Thai font on Subtitle, Music name, Filename

I try so many way to do
but I can't

please show me the eay

sorry for my poor English
Not sure about Thai, but I would imagine it is the same, for subtitles you need to add the arialuni font to C:\Program Files\XBMC\media\Fonts and then change the charset in settings--videos--subtitles to Thai and you should be good to go for subtitles. Hope this helps, sorry I can help for the system font as I use English.

Cheers
Asus Essentio CS5110, Intel E8300, 2 GB Ram, 8600M GT
Oh that work

and how about for mac vertion?

Thanks alot
Hi - I'm trying to do the same for Japanese fonts... I guess it would work as well. Can I ask very noobie question - how do you get the file onto XBMC on ATV??

Thanks
sorry for my poor English
download thai font (is u like ) from f0nt.com
go to %XBMC Location%\Skin\you skin\fonts\
rename and replace skin font

if u need detail ui font , use x-fonter to view ui font

good luck

sorry for my poor English Smile
Question 
magquast Wrote:sorry for my poor English
download thai font (is u like ) from f0nt.com
go to %XBMC Location%\Skin\you skin\fonts\
rename and replace skin font

if u need detail ui font , use x-fonter to view ui font

good luck

sorry for my poor English Smile

Sorry to dig up such an old thread
but for the love of God
i can't get anything Thai displayed properly
especially now with the skin being an addon
there are 3 fonts folders now

i tried changing names ... i tried adding fonts in the fonts.xml ...
nothing seems to work
so would appreciate it when somebody could tell me how i get Thai fonts displayed in XBMC

Thanks in Advance
sladinki007 Wrote:Sorry to dig up such an old thread
but for the love of God
i can't get anything Thai displayed properly
especially now with the skin being an addon
there are 3 fonts folders now

i tried changing names ... i tried adding fonts in the fonts.xml ...
nothing seems to work
so would appreciate it when somebody could tell me how i get Thai fonts displayed in XBMC

Thanks in Advance

Got it fixed

be aware i am using one of the DHARMA svn's where even confluence is considered an addon

so go to c://program files/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence
copy an unicode font from your windows fonts folder to the c://program files/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/fonts folder
i used ARIALUNI.TTF but you can use any unicode font

then go to c://program files/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p
rename font.xml to font.org
open font.org with wordpad for example
replace all instances from DejaVuSans.ttf and DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf and DejaVuSans-Bold-Caps.ttf with the font you added in the fonts folder (ARIALUNI.ttf in my case)
save as font.xml
start xbmc and my thai movies come up as readable Smile
I guess this is same for all other special language characters
sladinki007 Wrote:Got it fixed

be aware i am using one of the DHARMA svn's where even confluence is considered an addon

so go to c://program files/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence
copy an unicode font from your windows fonts folder to the c://program files/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/fonts folder
i used ARIALUNI.TTF but you can use any unicode font

then go to c://program files/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p
rename font.xml to font.org
open font.org with wordpad for example
replace all instances from DejaVuSans.ttf and DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf and DejaVuSans-Bold-Caps.ttf with the font you added in the fonts folder (ARIALUNI.ttf in my case)
save as font.xml
start xbmc and my thai movies come up as readable Smile
I guess this is same for all other special language characters

wow that's a lot of work, I just drop the arialuna font (rename to just arial) in the media\font folder in the xbmc directory for chinese subs to work. Glad you got it working though. Nod
Asus Essentio CS5110, Intel E8300, 2 GB Ram, 8600M GT
treefour Wrote:wow that's a lot of work, I just drop the arialuna font (rename to just arial) in the media\font folder in the xbmc directory for chinese subs to work. Glad you got it working though. Nod

awesome Smile
that worked for me on W7 x64
You can get some of my Thai mod skin here.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/g4HnL_M4/_online.html
Anyone know how to get Thai text showing up in XBMC on Linux ?

Thanks
Copy arialuni.ttf to <home>/.xbmc/media/fonts (not sure about real path because of sensitive-case but it matters in Linux)

And select Arial Uni in appearance.

Or if you are using other skin , rename arialuni,ttf to arial,ttf would probably do the trick for most skins. Mine using Aeon Nox and it works fine.
(2013-05-03, 22:30)oldpoem Wrote: Copy arialuni.ttf to <home>/.xbmc/media/fonts (not sure about real path because of sensitive-case but it matters in Linux)

And select Arial Uni in appearance.

Or if you are using other skin , rename arialuni,ttf to arial,ttf would probably do the trick for most skins. Mine using Aeon Nox and it works fine.

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

I did try and copy the arialuni.ttf file from my Windows 7 PC to the Ubuntu HTPC. However I had no fonts sub-folder under media at:

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/media

I am using Aeon MQ4 skin, I did find a fonts folder located at:

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeonmq.4/fonts

So this is where I copied the arialuni.ttf file too, I then renamed it to arial.ttf and rebooted the HTPC but still no Thai text appearing on our music albums that are Thai, or in the XBMC YouTube add-on for Thai videos etc.

In the XBMC settings under Appearance there are only two options under font: Default or Cyrilic.

The only other thing I can see in settings to do with fonts is in Video -> Subtitles - Font to use for text subtitles - it says Arial.ttf but I think this is unrelated.

Maybe I need to create this fonts directory? at this location:

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/media/fonts

I will have another go later see if I can get it working,

Many thanks Oldpoem
OK I created the /home/xbmc/.xbmc/media/fonts directory and copied in the arialuni.ttf file renamed to arial.ttf and rebooted the HTPC, but still not getting Thai text appearing on these Thai albums that have Thai text in their meta-data tags.

Not sure I am doing this correctly or maybe missing a setting some where.

EDIT:

As a quick test I switched back to the Confluence skin and in settings Appearance I changed the font to Arial based. Now I can see Thai text OK on the albums.

Just can't seem to get this working when in the Aeon MQ4 skin ! As the only options I have under Appearance - Font are Default or Cyrilic no option to select Arial based.

I just asked the question over on the Aeon MQ4 thread here. Posted some screen shots as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I add Charset or somthing to read Thai font?0