Library mode still disabled after scan
Same problem on Vista Ultimate, no library available, button (check) is there, but greyed out, no poss to switch on.

Please help....

Cu
Jiggles Wrote:Do you get the expected Start menu links after installation? On what kind of user did you install?

That could be the reason. It's still a little bit tricky with Vista and admin mode. I run it as administrator and get the links.
When started without the link XBMC starts in non platform mode which means the xbmc directory is used to store data which won't work on vista.
Create a link and start XBMC with -p and try again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I don't know the case of other users, but i've installed it using a elevated admin account and after install i've the links on the start menu.

regards,
WiSo Wrote:That could be the reason. It's still a little bit tricky with Vista and admin mode. I run it as administrator and get the links.
When started without the link XBMC starts in non platform mode which means the xbmc directory is used to store data which won't work on vista.
Create a link and start XBMC with -p and try again.
That does seem to do the trick. What does it precisely do? Do I need to run XBMC.exe with admin rights? Do I always meed -fs?
-fs -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win..._screen.3F

-p -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...tories_.3F
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Jiggles Wrote:...
Do I need to run XBMC.exe with admin rights? Do I always need -fs?
Could you answer those?

Why does XBMC default to the installation dir to save it's settings? The %APPDATA% folder is designed for application data and settings, the current user has all rights there. In Vista the rights on the Program Files directory are even limited to administrators only, resulting in problems when a normal user runs XBMC. You should really default to platform mode imho.
Just legacy and still some users including me just want to have everything in one folder. But we already thought to switch the default someday.
-fs is only needed if you want to start XBMC in full screen. You can switch to full screen / window anytime on runtime.
Sorry, but....

even this switch -p will not help me to see / switch on library mode in Audio.

by the way, i can see the lib modes for videos, now...

Any idea ?
Dear,

some news on this topic, it´s a pitty that i can´t use lib mode. I tried it on Vista Ultimate 32 and 64, no possibility.

Is there something i could do ?

Thanks
Ever tried a more recent build than Beta2? Search the forums for 3rd party/nightly builds. Make sure to start with a "fresh" copy of XBMC.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm using latest build, but i'm still having problems... finally i've managed the library to work (i don't know exactly how i did it) but now, if i select the option for clear database it doesn't work... there is something wrong with library in windows vista...

regards,
i have the same problem Confused, i have XP
fixed x
Yea I used vista and Aeon skin and if I change to one of the other skins to scan in at first so it will add to library, only way I can do it under Aeon skin is to add 1 at at time manually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode still disabled after scan1