Once again.. Hardware Questions
Question 
Ok, i hope i dont open a new thread while there is an existing one but i have a couple of questions regarding a pc i want to build für my xbmc..

i want to buy this case.. http://www.schiwi.de/shop2/product_info....SoAM2.html

and for that an amd athlon 64 6000+ with 3ghz.

is the graphicscard compatible?

and is it possible to watch hd content seamlessly.

and should i install it on ubuntu or windows (i prefer ubuntu)

hope, somebody can help me.

thanks for this awesome product. i think i will use it for a much longer time than thought ^^

btw. why dont we open an hardware sub-forum to ask questions regarding the hardware.
This really should have been asked here. I did take a peak at it though, and since I'm still learning myself, the thread I pointed you may help you make your decision a little easier. I know although everyone says ATI is catching up to NVIDIA, my experience as well to alot of others that I have read say, ATI has problems in Linux, not that it won't work but not straight out like NVIDIA, also there's a big debate with AMD and Intel. Go to that link and read and ask your questions there. The veterans will help you.

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
I'm running an AMD 3500+ (2.2Ghz), Nvidia 7600GT, 2gig Ram - 720p plays fine. I highly doubt 1080p will but I will give it a go sometime.

Just a warning about Nvidia on linux - when running Kubuntu 8.04.1 with KDE4 there have been reported issues (only with Nvidia) of taking up to 30 seconds to move/redraw a window).

Using Kubuntu 8.04.1 with KDE3 is no problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Once again.. Hardware Questions0