Hearing *cracks* when playing MP3
Hi Guys,

I've rip a few of my CDs to mp3 and something is wrong with my XBMC, when I'm playing the tracks I hear *cracks*, pretty much like playing a 25 years old LP, I checked the mp3 on my PC they play perfectly fine, also I can play movies in XBMC without having any problems, I also use the same speakers/receivers for many other things, DVD, Bluray, PS3 and I don't have any problem at all.

It seems the problem is really coming from the XBMC player and only the music part, using beta 2 on a 32bit professional xp, digital sound to Onkyo 905.

Anyone having the same problem?

Thx
Had many issues concerning spdif using onboard audio solutions. Onboard audio had eveolved nicely during the last years but a single hardware accelerated soundcard beats pretty much all integrated solutions. Try to get an audigy for a few beers and it will probably solve all your issues. Bought 3 audigy 2 with firewire output (nice feature) all for under 15 eur each. Also if you play games you will have some nice benefits from offloading audio processing mostly to the soundcard. Wink

Get one like this:
http://www.pcshopmart.com/images/soundca...e_7_1c.jpg
Should be worth a few beers nowadays but works splendidly.

Update your soundcard drivers, it might help but it's just a random guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hearing *cracks* when playing MP30