choppy video in xbmc???
Background:
I have a Mac Mini that I have plugged up to my tv using a DVI to HDMI cable. I also have a 750gb external usb drive that I dump all my movies an such to so that I dont have to swap disks and such, I can just scroll through my movies and play one.

Problem:
The hard drive in my mini died a week or so ago. I took it back to the local Mac Resource that I purchased it from and got the drive replaced under warranty. Prior to the hard drive dying, it streamed movies from my external hard drive perfectly. Now that I have the new hard drive/new OS installation, the video seems to be kinda choppy in XBMC. Its not always choppy, it plays fine for about 20-30 seconds and then it slows down for 2 seconds or so, then it picks back up. Its not horrible, but enough to bother me. Any ideas of what could cause this kind of behavior? Movies are played from VIDEO_TS folders copied from the original disc. So I would think it shouldnt be a codec problem. Please someone help me find out whats wrong with my video.. Could it be a codec? Something I forgot to reinstall?

Thanks in advance
same thing happening to me on AppleTV just newly installed XBMC but its playing choppy, same files are smooth on Boxee. i want to use XBMC thought due to amazing AEON skin.
System / Video / Player / High Quality Upscaler << Should be disabled, thats what worked for me. i had turned it on and thats when trouble started.
Tried that already. Tried increasing the amount of cache for the video too. Still the same thing. I dont know what the deal is. Anybody else got any suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestion though anshuman..
I have the same thing on a Windows version, although have only noticed it since using build 16026.

It will have a fit and for 5-6 seconds will repeat sections over and over and stutter.
What speed you are getting from the HD? Maybe you have a drivers or settings of the hard drive or USB and the HD isi performing too slow.
Have you set the vsync settings correctly?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=vsync
Actually...Vsync was set to always been on. Thats what I have seen in multiple places to have it set to (To have vsync on). Since thats what I thought it was supposed to be I never touched the Vsync setting. I finally decided.. just randomly, to turn vsync OFF. It solved my problem.

HexusOdy: My problem sounds identical to yours.

So.. maybe Vysnc being set to on isnt always the answer to the problem. For some setups, it should be turned off.
That's odd isn't it.

Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
choppy video in xbmc???0