Enabling Bluetooth Keyboard AppleTV
Does anyone have first hand experience with enabling bluetooth on the ATV?

I've read this description: http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Enable_Bluetooth

...but wanted to start a discussion with someone that has actually done this.

I want to try and use the Dinovo Mini keyboard with XBMC and an ATV.

Thanks!

Tom
Hi Tom,

I am interested also, I have a Dinovo Edge. When i get some time I will try their process hopefully this week. I wonder/wish there was an easier option.

Regards,

Clark
Another thing, I don't know if you need to enable bluetooth for what you want todo. I'm not 100% on your model, but my model offers two modes, a Legacy mode and the option to use as a bluetooth unit. Detault is legacy which allows your device to be used in boot periods of operation systems etc as no drivers are present. So essentualy its treated as a USB device.

For me, I will be installing the USB patch and the mouse pointer display patch before attempting the bluetooth feature.

I had my edge keyboard work on my other apple tv HDD which runs OSX and it works fine without any drivers as it works under the OSX usb drivers with no operational bluetooth on the system. So I would assume the same for the appletv OS...But i'm no expert.

Clark.
I'm not sure if mine operates in any other mode. I also have a gyration keyboard so I'll try both USB and Bluetooth. I can't get at it until later in the week...hopefully Thursday.

Cheers!
nice. post you results guys. i am interested too, i will get hardware if this works (the kb/mouse setup i mean)
oh nice! im very interested in doin this guy...whats the best way to get the apple wireless keyboard to work? bluetooth?

has anyone tried this?
Tom,

Its a hidden thing not talked about by logitech much, but its all over the internet. You simply hold the dongle button in i think for 3-5 secconds and it will change the USB dongles mode from legacy to full bluetooth. I did this a few times in vista and to be honest with vista's lack of decent bluetooth support it was a waste of my time plus I need the KB to work in the bios etc and I was better off with a seperate BT dongle.

Radvidium,

As far as getting the apple KB or USB to work, I can see that being a pain without some decent OSX knowledge as you will need to pair the unit to the ATV. However, with enabling bluetooth how hard or easy this would be. One query does the ATV have bluetooth? I'd bet my left nut that mine does not. Or does this refer to using bluetooth dongles?

See how far I get this weekend...

Ta

Clark.
I hope someone has some good news soon! I saw that DiNovo mini and thought it would be an excellent atv keyboard for the occasional times I need to type.
I havn't done much with it. I'm not convinced that the wiki is up to date enabling bluetooth and now that my ATV is working perfectly, I'm aprehensive about screwing it up. I'm going to get another one and try more stuff rather than getting into a jackpot with the one that is working fine. I may be overly cautious, but, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Rendersmart Wrote:Tom,

Its a hidden thing not talked about by logitech much, but its all over the internet. You simply hold the dongle button in i think for 3-5 secconds and it will change the USB dongles mode from legacy to full bluetooth. I did this a few times in vista and to be honest with vista's lack of decent bluetooth support it was a waste of my time plus I need the KB to work in the bios etc and I was better off with a seperate BT dongle.

Radvidium,

As far as getting the apple KB or USB to work, I can see that being a pain without some decent OSX knowledge as you will need to pair the unit to the ATV. However, with enabling bluetooth how hard or easy this would be. One query does the ATV have bluetooth? I'd bet my left nut that mine does not. Or does this refer to using bluetooth dongles?

See how far I get this weekend...

Ta

Clark.

hmmm - wel keep me posted and ill give it a try after you post what happened
Did anyone get a blue-tooth dongle and Apple TV to work under Linux with the Apple keyboard?
Sorry, wrong thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabling Bluetooth Keyboard AppleTV0