no easy itunes integration for the apple tv ?
hi - i installed xmbx/boxee last weekend and altough i really love XBMCs interface and the imdb integration, i still find it very tedious to browse and manage/add content.

shouldn't the XBMC version for the apple tv/intues just somehow import your existing iTunes library (movies, tv shows, etc.) without me having to manually define all the sources ?

i am currently using 4 external drives for all my movies and tv shows. and i'm using a separate folder on each drive per genre. and seasons for a particular tv show are not always on the same drive either. so all my drives usually look like this

Drive A:
movies
-action
- sci-fi
- etc.

tv shows
- dexter
-- season 1

Drive B:
movies
-action
- sci-fi
- etc.

tv shows
- dexter
-- season 2

Now when i just add the "movie" folder of each drive as a source, i always have to navigate to the genre folder in order to get to the movie files. is there a whay around this ?

basically, i'd like to see a list of all my movies when i click on "watch movies" - regardless of where and in which folder those files are stored.

but maybe i did something fundamentally wrong when i added the sources ?

when i downloaded the "atlantis" update with itunes integration, being a mac user, i sort of expeted it to just do all the magic in the background... ; )

any tips would be greatly appreciated
thanks
marc
If your content is already in iTunes, why don't you just use the regular FrontRow app in AppleTV instead of XBMC? I use XBMC for the content that iTunes doesn't support, ie. xvid, mkv, DVD iso, video_ts, etc.
exactly ..use the frontrow app for itunes related stuff ...xbmc for non itunes
well, i was hoping to still be able to use all my itunes content with xbmc in combination with the imdb feature. so basically have all the ease of use that the apple tv has with the added imdb content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no easy itunes integration for the apple tv ?0