Resume video/music playback on startup (like car-stereo's memory feature)
wow, great this is already implemented in that way, i was already puzzled by the changelog mentioning resume, but thought it might have meant "resume from pause" or something similar.

the popup indeed sounds extra luxurious, but this is already wonderful!
:bowdown:

thanks,

ezd
i have my xbmc in my car...and it would be great if when it started up, if i could have the option of playing a song where it left off, or at least start in the album directory where i was last.

wouldn't have to be the same position in the song (because i guess it would have to constantly save the location of the song in the event the xbox turns off) but perhaps just the song itself.

anyways this is my first post on this forum so hello guys!
(dogo @ mar. 30 2005,15:58 Wrote:i've modified my copy of the startupmp3 script ( mp3.py ) to save the current playing state every 10 seconds and use that on bootup to resume to the last song & approximate position.

its a quick and nasty script but it works Smile

it sounds like what you need :

[code]import xbmc
import os
from time import *

try:
lastfh = open( 'q:\\scripts\\currentfile.txt', 'r' )
lines = lastfh.readlines()
trackfile = lines[0].rstrip(" \n")
trackpos = lines[1].rstrip(" \n")
lastfh.close()
xbmc.player().play(trackfile)
xbmc.player().seektime(float(trackpos))
except:
file = 'q:\\scripts\\startupmp3\\startup.mp3'
xbmc.player().play(file)

sleeptime = time()+10
while true:
if time() < sleeptime:
sleep(1)
else:
if xbmc.player().isplaying():
filehandle = open( 'q:\\scripts\\currentfile.txt', 'w' )
filehandle.write( xbmc.player().getplayingfile() + "\n" )
filehandle.write( str(xbmc.player().gettime()) )
filehandle.flush()
filehandle.close()
else:
try:
os.remove('q:\\scripts\\currentfile.txt')
except oserror:
sleep(1)
sleeptime = time()+10
/code]
i tried this...but for some odd reason it only worked once...and now i can't seem to get it working again...i have no idea why.

this is my autoexec.py (i just saved the code as startup_playlist.py)

import xbmc, time
xbmc.executescript('q:\\scripts\\startup_playlist.py')

i've also tried without importing time. still doesn't work. :help:
(jmarshall @ may 28 2005,11:42 Wrote:just stop the movie at any point.  then just press white on the movie you wish to resume.  we have an idea to improve this further, by making a popup button during the first 5 seconds of movie play "press here to resume movie".

cheers,
jonathan
bumping this one as well...would love to see something similar to what jmarshall has described only slightly different. if xbmc saves the point you left off then on resume i would like to see if do a popup before even starting the video "would you like to resume playback where you left off?" then a simple "yes" or "no" dialog. would be a huge enhancement to the usability of this feature in my opinion.

regards,
los93sol
Exclamation 
powerdvd (for windows pc) have auto-resume implemented in a nice way; if press 'pause' before 'stop' then (and only then) the position is saved, like a hidded bookmark, ...when later play the same video-file (or insert the same cd/dvd which kicks of auto-start) then it gives you the option to resume (by asking with a simple yes" or "no" dialog). however if a movie is stopped by just the 'stop' button then no bookmark is saved. powerdvd does this for dvd's by checking and remembering the discid.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
that is pretty much the perfect system, i would have to question whether users would know if it was there or not though since most of the time when i stop watching a movie i am in a hurry and just press b to close it then open the shutdown menu and click shutdown. i still think it is best to just let it do it on stop. would be interesting to see what other ideas people have to completely automate the system. i believe if you are withing a certain distance of the end of a file it does not resume, if not, i would think it should work something like if you are within 5 minutes of the end of a movie you wouldn't want to resume...perhaps something like that could be a user configurable setting, "do not resume if within xx minutes of the end of a video" or something to that effect.

regards,
los93sol
is there a way to resume play after a full dvd-disc stop? divx/xvid etc. have this capabiliti in xbmc...

krl
(krl69 @ sep. 13 2005,15:02 Wrote:is there a way to resume play after a full dvd-disc stop?
no, there's no such option coded for xbmc (would be a nice feature for c++ beginner programmers to look into for xbmc)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
pointing out there is no "white" on the xbox remote Smile how do we perform this with the remote only?
Sad 
(caldor @ sep. 14 2005,05:12 Wrote:pointing out there is no "white" on the xbox remote Smile how do we perform this with the remote only?
huh?, xbmc doesn't have a native 'resume video playback on startup' function so why do you ask that in this topic thread?  
(...if it regards the mentioned python script the you should instead post in the python support forum, thanks in advance).
youve lost me gamester 17

just after jonathon stated 'added to cvs' in this thread he states

1. play file.
2. stop file at some point.
3. press white on file.
4. press resume playback.
5. enjoy.

so if xbmc does not have a resume feature whats that aboutHuh??

i also would like to know whether this works with remote cant test at present (young children have hogging xbox)
nasty dad cant wait.

kids kicked off

its the title button on the remote to access the resume video feature

ah i think i get it this is not an auto resume but a manual resume.?
the 'resume play' thread is linked to the 'resume play when xbmc starts'
thats where the confusion has come from.
hi,

it would be great if the xbmc could automatically start playing the "last played song before shutdown" (and continue from there on in the corresponding folder/playlist) when starting up. :o

regs
coyote
is it possible to resume music or audio after a reboot?

i ask because this is my current situation. i have installed an xbox in my car with all of my music on the hard drive. i get in the car, browse through my whole music library (278 albums) and find one i want to listen to. i stop for gas, turn off the car... get back in turn the car back on and i have to go through the whole boot/browse/play routine and it's getting to be a bit of a hassle. especially if i want to play something that is near the end of the list.

is it possible for xbmc to "remember" where it was at as it was playing a particular file and resume where it started directly after a reboot? i've googled/read through the faq/searched this forum and there isn't really any reference to it.

thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

-mess

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume video/music playback on startup (like car-stereo's memory feature)0