Fuzzy Display issues
Question 
Hi everyone.

I just installed XBMC on my new HTPC. I absolutely love it so far. So much nicer than Vista Media Center.

I'm having a strange issue though. When I load xbmc up, the display has a juttery fuzzy look to it. Almost like the resolution or refresh rate isn't compatible. I can go into the settings and check the resolution settings and they appear correct. If I change it to something else, apply it, then change it back to where I had it, everything is perfect. I get a nice smooth image, perfect.

This behavior is reproducible everytime I start xbmc up from scratch.

My hardware is as follows:
Vista 32 bit Home Premium
GA-73PVM-S2H Motherboard
HDMI output to an HK 645 receiver, which then goes HDMI into my Sony KDSR70XBR2 TV.
I have it set to 1080i 16:9 in the resolution settings (I know the tv supports 1080p, but the amp will only pass 1080i)

Anyone got any suggestions on how to get it playing nice from the start?
Thanks!
1) Have you updated your video drivers?
2) Make sure Vista MCE and WMP are not launching.

I had issues with my Vista HTPC and my HDTV until I stopped using MCE.
XBMC user since before that Music db hack.
Now with his 2nd DMCA Takedown
I have the latest drivers from the gigabyte website.
Media Center and Media Player are not open. I click on the xbmc icon with the mouse, as I haven't got the remote hooked up yet.

When it launches, it does as I described earlier. I can go into the resolutions menu, change the resolution, click the Test Resolution button, the screen changes and asks if I want to keep the new settings. I say NO, it reverts back to the original setting, only now it works perfectly.

It continues to work flawlessly while I am in the program. If I close it and launch it again.... same issue. I don't get it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fuzzy Display issues0