Problem video and music library
Question 
Since the last 3 days. Im havings problems with my music and video library.
When i'm playing a mp3 or video plugin etc etc. And i want to go to the previous menu. It only shows the up icon. And when i press that it goes back to the startup screen.

Does somebody recognize this problem and can provide with some help.

Regards,
After I upgraded to the final version I have a different behavior when I want to go back in the Menues. In Beta2 going back meant going back one step except for pictures that always took me directly to the main menu. Now it seems that the new behavior is always going back to the main menu. Now, when I am browsing a tree I have to use the ".." (parent directory) to go back in the tree. This is annoying when browsing Movies of TV series with tons of entries in the same directory.

Is that the wanted behavior? Was this intentional? Do I have something wrong?
What do you call "going back"?
XBMC has these two options which may be bound to any key or button:
<backspace>ParentDir</backspace>
<escape>PreviousMenu</escape>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I use the Escape key at the moment.

What I want to achieve is browsing around with a remote control using only arrows, enter and escape. Arrows is no problem, enter is working as expected. But escape is not doing what it was doing before the update.
Then bind the escape key to ParentDir.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Binding the escape key to ParentDir will work for simple viewing, but there are some settings screens that you'll need PreviousMenu to leave.

By default, escape is mapped to PreviousMenu and backspace is mapped to ParentDir. I'm getting used to using both and it works pretty well.
I got a better behavior now by changing the bindings as suggested. The problem is as jfath described that the thing is not yet consistent if you want to go back with only one key.
You can bind per-window, so if it needs escape to be mapped to something different, then do so in that window.

Bump
Does any dev have any idea what's going on here?
I don't really have much of an idea what the original poster is describing to be honest. There's no debug log so I can't comment on that either.

Cmk25: Please be specific in your descriptions - include screenshots if you think that will help, and please include a debug log.

sho Wrote:Does any dev have any idea what's going on here?

2 threads were joined together and now it is difficult to follow.

Anyway, thanks to jmarshall, I got it working as I want.
I made a small video of what happens. this happens every time i go into my music/video library or plugins.

For Example Music-Library-Artists +44-Album when your heart stops beating- play song. And when i want to go back into the album overview i get a blank screen.

You can download a movie of what happens here
http://rapidshare.com/files/167920174/20...1.mp4.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem video and music library0