Wiimote way to sensitive
Hi,

I got the wiimote working on ubuntu 8.10 and the latest xbmc from ppa, but buttons are way to sensitive. In the menu under network -> eventclients i found two sensitivity values, but they don't seem to change anything. Not sure if they are related.
By the way I'm talking about the sensitivity of the buttons not mouse-emulation.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Hi, I have the same on Intrepid AMD64, much obliged for a solution..

Thanks
hkp23 Wrote:Hi,

I got the wiimote working on ubuntu 8.10 and the latest xbmc from ppa, but buttons are way to sensitive. In the menu under network -> eventclients i found two sensitivity values, but they don't seem to change anything. Not sure if they are related.
By the way I'm talking about the sensitivity of the buttons not mouse-emulation.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

You mean if you hold it down it scrolls to fast?
They are hardcoded, personally I love them that fast Big Grin but at some point it should be recoded to use the ones found in GUI, atlantis+1 for sure.

However, for a fix:
Open WiiRemote.h and alter the 2 defines on row 42-43
Code:
#define WIIREMOTE_BUTTON_REPEAT_TIME 30               // How long between buttonpresses in repeat mode
#define WIIREMOTE_BUTTON_DELAY_TIME 500

The second is how long it takes before it is recognised as a held button.

Hopes this fixes your troubles.
Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hi, thanks I'll try that, but its not that it scrolls too fast when holding down the button. Its more that its next to impossible to move just one function down or upp(or to the side). Its so quick it jumps over items, to move just one step I need to hold the wiimote with my left hand and tap the up/down as quick as I can with my right index - then and only then I manage to move one step.

Cheers
Uhm, never noticed that myself?

Could be interpid issue? You dont run x64 aswell?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
if running x64, disabling the mouse pointer is the trick.

Code:
xbmc-wiiremote --disable-mouseemulation

Some things still act funny, can't remember what at the moment. It seems CWiid and x64 don't mix.

TheUni
I'm on x86 too and disabling mouseemulation did the trick

Thanks
Thanks guys, Im on x64 and Im not really interested in using the mouse pointer anyway
so this is perfect!

Finally got the wiimote where I wanted it, been experimenting with this for some time..

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wiimote way to sensitive1