XBMC will not play Canon HF100 .m2ts files (AVCHD)
Hey all...

I just bought an HF100 by Canon, which records in AVCHD. When I export a file from the camera, it gets an .m2ts file extension. I can (after some initial trouble) play the videos fine on my Windows PC.

When I try to play them in XBMC, I get the audio but no picture. Actually, what the screen shows is a gray screen with some digital noise up at the top (sort of like scrambled satellite content).

I saw threads here at XBMC.org that seemed to suggest that .m2ts files should work on XBMC out-of-the box. What gives? Any suggestions?

BTW, I am running XBMC Atlantis Beta 2 on an Ubuntu 7.10 minimal install.
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
How about a debug log for starters?

How about a sample?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It is not throwing any error, so I'm not sure what use a debug log would be...

...I'll try to film a short sample and post a link to it here.
If you want the long explanation read the thread below.
But in short the ffmpeg version used by xbmc cant handel inderlaced avchd.
The newest version of ffmpeg does but wont be integrated in to xbmc until the feauture frease is lifted.
[HTML]http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30020[/HTML]
dizzey Wrote:If you want the long explanation read the thread below.
But in short the ffmpeg version used by xbmc cant handel inderlaced avchd.
The newest version of ffmpeg does but wont be integrated in to xbmc until the feauture frease is lifted.
[HTML]http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30020[/HTML]

Thanks, that thread was helpful. I guess I'll just stay put until the new ffmpeg gets incorporated in after Atlantis goes gold. BTW, could I update ffmpeg manually myself using aptitute upgrade?
jkrellner Wrote:Thanks, that thread was helpful. I guess I'll just stay put until the new ffmpeg gets incorporated in after Atlantis goes gold. BTW, could I update ffmpeg manually myself using aptitute upgrade?

No, we build ffmpeg into xbmc. You could update that, but it wouldn't be a simple aptitude command and might involve some coding.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
malloc Wrote:No, we build ffmpeg into xbmc. You could update that, but it wouldn't be a simple aptitude command and might involve some coding.

I'll just wait. Until then, I'll just recode my vids to another format.
Now that Atlantis is here, I can confirm that AVCHD video from Canon HD camcorders is still borked (at least in the Windows version)

You get a grey screen with video noise up in the corner...
Same here using XBMC on Ubuntu. I've been recoding but keeping all my files for when XBMC is able to support this. Hopefully this will be updated soon, since as I understand it, the current versions of ffmpeg support it.
Please create a new bug report and attach a example file so we can run some tests on it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Will do.
Ticket created....

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5388#comment:1
Opened a ticket... some dude closed the ticket saying it's fixed....

fixed how? it will be in the next release or what?

they didn't really give any info, just said "fixed"
Looks like the fix is in SVN for the next release. If you'd like it in a future Atlantis fix, talk to AreaScout. The change looks simple enough to go into it. Not sure when we'll release an Atlantis bug update drop.
Hi

sorry Tarantulas for my late response, was trying to catch earlier Confused

what xbmc port are you using ? win32 ?

Edit: Hehe silly question in Linux - Help support Smile http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_compi...ource_code and your problem is gone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC will not play Canon HF100 .m2ts files (AVCHD)0