[Apple TV] 720p H.264 Files
So, I know this has kind of been talked about before, but I just wanted to point out to the people who can figure this out, that previously on Atlantis Beta 1 any 720p H.264 files that I have (encoded at low bit rates specifically for AppleTV) played just absolutely fine on XBMC. I specifically remember watching "Moulin Rouge" in 720p HD all the way through without a single issue. Now, all of the sudden, I'm having issues under Atlantis Beta 2.

As others have mentioned the playback is choppy. I've noticed that fps dip in and out constantly throughout whenever watching 720p H.264 content. Is this something that could be fixed immediately or do I have to wait for Beta 3? And is this a priority for those working on Beta 3. Like I mentioned before. Didn't have a SINGLE problem on Beta 1.

Thanks!
are these beta's compiled with debug code?
Wow, this is a huge question. I'm about to take back my aTV because of the choppy playback on anything other then basic xvid files. But if its an issue with the current beta release I may hang on.

Is there a way to roll back to Beta1 or do I have to do a factory restore & start over?
lboyce Wrote:So, I know this has kind of been talked about before, but I just wanted to point out to the people who can figure this out, that previously on Atlantis Beta 1 any 720p H.264 files that I have (encoded at low bit rates specifically for AppleTV) played just absolutely fine on XBMC. I specifically remember watching "Moulin Rouge" in 720p HD all the way through without a single issue. Now, all of the sudden, I'm having issues under Atlantis Beta 2.

As others have mentioned the playback is choppy. I've noticed that fps dip in and out constantly throughout whenever watching 720p H.264 content. Is this something that could be fixed immediately or do I have to wait for Beta 3? And is this a priority for those working on Beta 3. Like I mentioned before. Didn't have a SINGLE problem on Beta 1.

Thanks!

I thought I had an answer.
I you use a tool like Visual Hub (on the Mac) it has a preset for AppleTV.
It transcodes any video to 720p MP4 content. All nicely set up to work on the AppleTV.

The thing is the transcoded video *will* work on the native AppleTV playback, but still plays choppy under XMBC.

I have my fingers crossed for future performance gains.

C.
Carniphage Wrote:I thought I had an answer.
I you use a tool like Visual Hub (on the Mac) it has a preset for AppleTV.
It transcodes any video to 720p MP4 content. All nicely set up to work on the AppleTV.

The thing is the transcoded video *will* work on the native AppleTV playback, but still plays choppy under XBMC.

I have my fingers crossed for future performance gains.

C.

I use Visual Hub as well and convert any MKV's to AppleTV-ready H.264's. It works great on AppleTV itself, and they worked just fine on Atlantis Beta 1. Now on Beta 2 playback is HORRIBLY choppy. Very frustrating. If this were to be fixed XBMC would be perfect, as about 30% of my movies are 720p H.264's.
+1
Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] 720p H.264 Files0