MediaStream v0.97 Released (10/11/2008)
thanks for the quick reply skunkmonkee

yeah i agree with you on the scrolling, but it kinda drags attracts my attention a little because it doesnt fit! anyways i cant wait till the next release with those minor bugs fixed, but i guess i might be waiting a little longer for a xbmc update to fix the font issues.
Not sure this would technically be classified as a bug, but when using custom background folders on the home screen, I noticed that whenever you move focus away from a menu item (ie, tv shows, settings, music, etc) and then move it back, no matter how long you had focus on something else (as long as its more than just a second or two), when you return to that menu item, it will show the backdrop that was displayed when it had focus earlier for a split second before quickly fading to a new one. I don't think this is preferred behavior, especially if you let your menu sit at all, then next time you try to navigate through it all you see is a bunch of constantly fading images. For a possible source of some code you could steal to make it refresh the multiimage each time you move away, you might try looking at Horizonz code as I know it doesn't have this problem. It's a different image each time an item regains focus. Let me know if I need to explain this better..
Hitcher Wrote:Could the overlay be dropped in coverflow view for episodes?

Something along those lines has been implemented for the next release:

The cover flow reflection images don't line up with the above image, I brought this up once before but didn't have a screen shot to back it up.

A new bug from the .97 release is that the menu title is way off to the left side. In 4:3 the text has always run out side the bounds of the box, but the menu title did used to be centered in older releases.

cold_realms Wrote:A cursory look at the skin files says kinda... basically the big backdrop is used in MANY diff views and you would need to remove the reference to it from the includes.xml and place it within each view so that it then maybe sized independently. Next you need to find the left and right fade images and modify the <height> and <posy> values to make it fit.

Sounds good, is there an easy way to make the overlay more transparent?
maui917 Wrote:The cover flow reflection images don't line up with the above image, I brought this up once before but didn't have a screen shot to back it up.

A new bug from the .97 release is that the menu title is way off to the left side. In 4:3 the text has always run out side the bounds of the box, but the menu title did used to be centered in older releases.

Looks like you have issues with your setup or installation? For some reason it looks like you have a mix between 4:3 and 16:9 code?
Hi just two things at the moment

Sometimes it does this when i go into the watch movies option from the main menu:

And as you can see on this one the Browse, Add and Remove buttons overshoot the window:

Thanks for the awesome skin.
Star 
First off, been using this skin with a lot of satisfaction these couple of months, one of the most enjoyable eye candy for XBMC and smart navigation having separate video, movies en tv sections.

With the latest release I cant seem to play any video's any more, but dont have any problems with the PM3.HD skin

I'm using
XBMC-8.10-FINAL-T3CH-PROPER
MediaStream v0.97
Xbox 1

Im running my video content from 3 sources: 1.xbox, 2.server, 3.NAS (smb)
Server is always on, my NAS isnt always turned on

The problems started a few versions ago (could be xbmc too) when xbmc would suddenly ask me for my NAS user/password. My NAS has a shared samba folder but without any user/pass, so I can just select OK in the pop-up and all is ok.

2 or 3 mediastream versions back I suddenly couldn't play any content from TV and Movie sections (NAS as a source), I first had to go to Video, get the user/pass pop-up and then the TV and Movies content would play without any problems, playing from the Video section was never a problem, neither was playing from my server.

With the latest version I cant seem to play anything anymore, even after getting the user/pass pop-up, it doesn't even play in the Video section, which would always work before, no matter what source the content is on.

I thought it could be xbmc, but all things are playable with PM3.HD skin, so it has to be mediastream? Weird though, I thought my problems would me xbmc core related, skin is just a visible thing... but I guess im wrong.

Do you have any clue what it can be?
You are out of memory, as a debug log would have confirmed. Lower your caches (settings->video->player->cache), use a lower resolution, or use a skin with less texture usage (switching to the lite theme may do the trick).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I having problems with the season view in 0.97 from last tech realease ( Proper )

any susgestions on fixing?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Looks like you have issues with your setup or installation? For some reason it looks like you have a mix between 4:3 and 16:9 code?

Well I had created a copy of the PAL folder and named it NTSC, I had done that with previous releases cause when trying to set the screen to 4:3 I didn't have that option until I created the NTSC folder. I deleted my NTSC folder and I did have the 4:3 option now, and it did correct the issue's I posted. However the text went back to really really small, even when set to massive, it was unreadable even just a couple feet from the TV. When I had a NTSC folder "bigger text" setting was great I could read it 10 + feet away from my 32" 4:3 CRT TV. So I guess my question is does this skin fully support NTSC 4:3?
jmarshall Wrote:You are out of memory, as a debug log would have confirmed. Lower your caches (settings->video->player->cache), use a lower resolution, or use a skin with less texture usage (switching to the lite theme may do the trick).

I dunno...I never had this problem in previous versions of XBMC or the Mediastream skin. At this point, I'm getting a pop-up saying it's using RAR and caching.

It continues to do this for a very long time (I've never bothered to wait and see exactly how long). I can cancel, and everything is fine. I switch over to PM3 (non-HD) and it plays with no hitch.

Simple deduction leads me to believe that something, somewhere, has gotten borked.
Hello,

I like your SKIN, it is very pretty ... Big Grin
But i love the display FILE2 they have code for the skin VISION 2!
It permet to see many more films at the same time than your's ... or music ...
It is beter to use to quick use it!

Can you add this vision mode to your SKIN, for the people who use the file viewing and not library like me, it is the best i think.

Thanks to answer me
Bye
Concerning what I said earlier about the multiimages only changing after you change focus to them, to fix that (if this is something you guys want to change...i dunno, maybe this is an intention thing to make loads seem smoother on the xbox or something), just copy and paste the conditional visibility tag into the control for the multiimage rather than just having conditional visibility for the whole group. So, it will look something like this, where the added part is the "<include>HomeProgramsBGVisible</include>" line. This section is found in the includes.xml, this particular example under the include name "CustomProgramsBackground"

<control type="multiimage">
<info>Skin.String(CustomProgramsBGFolder)</info>
<include>CustomBGMultiImage</include>
<include>HomeProgramsBGVisible</include>
</control>
timdog82001 Wrote:Concerning what I said earlier about the multiimages only changing after you change focus to them, to fix that (if this is something you guys want to change...i dunno, maybe this is an intention thing to make loads seem smoother on the xbox or something), just copy and paste the conditional visibility tag into the control for the multiimage rather than just having conditional visibility for the whole group. So, it will look something like this, where the added part is the "<include>HomeProgramsBGVisible</include>" line. This section is found in the includes.xml, this particular example under the include name "CustomProgramsBackground"

<control type="multiimage">
<info>Skin.String(CustomProgramsBGFolder)</info>
<include>CustomBGMultiImage</include>
<include>HomeProgramsBGVisible</include>
</control>

Nice one timdog! Big Grin

Have added relevant code to our SVN. (Never use custom BG's so hadn't noticed the issue tbh)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.97 Released (10/11/2008)3