TV goes black, only rebooting the ATV fixes it
Some weird sequence makes the ATV to go black and there is nothing you can do to get back the image. Killing Finder does not help. It is something related to changing the input in the TV to a non-HDMI input and then back to the ATV, but I still can not figure it out. It happens only to my wife and when I am not at home.
Hi,

Atlantis Beta 2 on ATV has still problems with HDMI disconnect / reconnect. This should be fixed in the next release. For now there's only the workaround to leave XBMC before disconnecting HDMI. If you missed it, hitting Menu-Menu-Play-Play (<0.5 secs between button presses) should bring you back to the ATV menu.
Sorry for the inconveniece...

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
There were a number of posts on the Apple forums about the Apple TV having some HDMI handshaking issues, even without XMBC involved. Some people that were using a HDMI switch were able to solve it by moving the HDMI connection to the first input on the switch. That didn't work for me on my Onkyo receiver. If I switch to my satellite input and then switch right back to the Apple TV, I just get a blank screen until I reboot the ATV. I had to switch to component input, which took care of the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV goes black, only rebooting the ATV fixes it0