[ATV] Thank you, thank you, thank you!
ATV 2.2, XBMC Beta 2, ATV-USB Creator, Dlink DNS-323, Wireless G - YOWZA!

Hi Folks!

I have been using and HTPC in my home theater with Meedio (Meedios) for the last few years. I've since upgraded my rooms to wall mounted flat panels and decided to take the movies off the HTPC and put them on the NAS. After doing that, I wanted a front end so my kids could watch their movies on their laptops. Meedio just didn't cut it as, though I'm used to using it, it's too cumbersome for a laptop. I looked at Vista MC...yech, Media Portal...couldn't get it to work on vista laptop...

Then, I tried XBMC...very cool and worked instantly. My DVD's are stored as ISO's and they all play great. Good start. We have gigabit wired network going everywhere, but the laptops are wireless...works great.

I wanted to put small HTPC's on each flat panel in the house and ordered little Acer's with HDMI outs and was going to use XBMC on them. Well, they got back ordered and then the Canadian dollar went in the tank so I cancelled them and in reading on this forum and Awkward TV decided to give Apple TV a try. For a couple hundred bucks, even if I bricked it, it would still be worth a few hours a night of techy indulgence so I bought one.

Well, after updating to 2.2 and making the patchstick and loading XBMC and loader, updating to beta 2....well, I just feel totally let down. My thought that I'd have a few hours of techy indulgence a night for a few nights was squashed by this thing working instantly and perfectly on the bedroom flat panel. So I took it to a panel that doesn't have gigabit, just wireless G and it works great...I mean, no stutter, loads everything...just great!

It's serving up all our ISO's with XBMC and we're renting movies with the AppleTV. I'm just blown away...

So, making a long story short. Thank you to all who have put so many hours into development and support of this great project and hacking of the ATV in general. I am impressed beyond words and look at you all with awe and wonder. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Apple should thank you too, because I'm just about to order three more. I'm going to try and get bluetooth working on them so maybe I'll get to brick one yet!

Cheers!
Agreed. I know some people have problems with it but for me it's working 100%. I have dvd iso's and I'm converting my dvd library to h264 compressed files and everything has been beautiful.
Oh oh !
Me Too !
Almost the same ...
ATV 2.2, XBMC Beta 2, ATV-USB Creator, QNAP TS-209Pro, Wireless N - SHAZBOT !!!
Smile

And just for the sake of the discussion, I just sold off ALL of my classic XBox stuff after migrating to Apple TV.
And it's still all "wife approved" .. so how much better can you get !?? Tongue

Anyway ... you guys rock ... I keep saying that.

On the edge of my seat as always for the next release .. Beta3, RC1 ... whatever that might be.

Cheers !
I should say thank you to all developers as well, have 1 ATV and 9 xboxs running XBMC throughout the house - cannot imagine it would have been this easy for everyone without XBMC.
Thankyou to all, and a thankyou for the port to the ATV, my hope for ATV was thwarted by Apple's narrow-mindedness (no avi support etc) - but saved by XBMC.
Same here... I've recently replaced one of my two XBOXes with an ATV, version 2.2. patchstick and beta2......all perfect and no noise at all.....I'll go for a second atv shortly

THANK YOU
100% Agreed!

This project was the trigger for buying a ATV. I would still use my XBOX, though it lacks on a power on through my remote and is noisi like hell...

I hoped Apple did already refresh the ATV with a more powerful CPU to cope with 1080p and add a blueray drive - I'll keep dreaming Big Grin

-netwho
Thank you XBMC.

You have given the AppleTV a new lease of life, and bought functionality and EASE of use to everybody.

brap brap brap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Thank you, thank you, thank you!0