whoa!
my first post so quick background: started with sinclair zx-81 1981, then atari st, then pc. used quicktime 1.0 on premiere 1.0. was on bitnet 1988, then internet 1989. now run a digital video production house.

first i installed xbmp and thought wow, this is nice.. then located xbmc and i'm... speechless, more or less.

dhcp, remote browser control, shoutcast streams, dvd, photos, music, rss feedsm divx.. it's *all* in there. and the weather. and it looks good. no, it looks fantastic.

big thank you to all who made xbmc possible.
this is really something.  :nuts:

/mgoz
that's also how i feel and  xbmc keeps improving... it's heavensend.... it's difficult to find the words but xbmc is a masterpeace...!!

:pirate:
(t029248 @ june 07 2004,00:21 Wrote:that's also how i feel and  xbmc keeps improving... it's heavensend.... it's difficult to find the words but xbmc is a masterpeace...!!

:pirate:
agreed! xmbc is by-far the best media center application available today!
i urge you to try and build a mythtv system on linux, using xbmc as the front-end (with the python front-end written by madtw) - it's unbelievable. i have a tivo that i'm impressed with but this combo just blows it away for sheer functionality and openness. :bowdown:

only drawback, the fantastic remote-control that comes with the tivo.

mike
the only downside is that the xbox cpu is not so powerful, playing hdtv is difficult and the usb 1.0 is too slow to allow tv recording. it would be great if xbox hardware was a standard pc allowing upgrades to faster components. i’m hoping for the xbox 2 to fulfill this being scared at the same time that it’s going to be completely drm locked and that it’s not going to be backward compatible with xbox applications like xbmc!?

it would be great if besides open source developers also hardware guys joined, to put appropriate hardware together for a custom soho user friendly mediabox which can do it all!! (media, emugameconsoles, (hd)tv, linux , custom cases, ..) turning the whish lists into reality. i would invest all my spare time in a project like that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
whoa!0