• 5(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO configure Soundgraph iMON VFD/IR Receiver (used by many HTPC chassis)
NismoC32 Wrote:I Finally got it working !

Had to use XBMCLive to get it to work.
I don't know why it won't work with the "ppa" download version.

Grats. Have fun using XBMC :-)
Hi all.
i follow the instruction step by step, but with no luck.
I've an Imon Inside version of case. "vend:15c2:003c" So i'm not interesting in VFD or LCD, but only in the remote PAD function. I'm on UBUNTU 8.10.
First step i was able to disable "usbhid" driver to load.
Then i follow the instruction (as cvs i take that of nov-2008 thanks to Tiburcillo). After running setup.sh (i used Soundgraph iMON PAD IR/VFD in configuration..couse i don't have LCD), copying lirc_imon.c, and run the command "dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source".... reebot....
The Driver are (none) againOo
I try many times...but nothing change.
I notice that COFIN write to copy lirc_imon.c from the directory ".CVS" in the lirc directory. But i don't have no ".CVS" directory and i thake the file from "/drivers/lirc_imon/"...i hope it's right.
I follow also other on-line guide, but with no luck.
Someone cane help me?
Thanks Temar, thanks for all the help and config.files.

Now if I only could find out witch tag in XBMC corresponds to the original XBOX1 remote button "Display" (It's the one on the top of the remote)
It is supposed to trigger on and off the MilkDrop animation during Music playing among other.
NismoC32 Wrote:Now if I only could find out witch tag in XBMC corresponds to the original XBOX1 remote button "Display" (It's the one on the top of the remote)
It is supposed to trigger on and off the MilkDrop animation during Music playing among other.

Check https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...ircmap.xml for the XBox remote configuration (remote=Microsoft_XBox). It says the Xbox button "display" is mapped to the xbmc remote command "display".

In https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...Keymap.xml you can see that the xbmc remote command "display" is mapped to the xbmc command "FullScreen".
Nice HowTo thank you!

I have a Micro Fusion Remote 350 mATX 350W IR with the RM100 Remote. It was a bit tricky to get it work!

The LCD was easy to install with your manual but the IR was very bad ;( and it still works not perfect!

Here are my lirc.conf files (i wasn't able to get it work with just one file lirc.conf) also i had to change manually the toggle_bit_mask from 0x2800000000 to 0x1400000000 because every button press caused two signals - i think this is a good solution Smile !
Code:
#/etc/lircd0.conf:
begin remote
  name  rm100.pad
  bits            8
  eps            30
  aeps          100

one             0     0
  zero            0     0
  pre_data_bits   24
  pre_data       0x20000
  post_data_bits  32
  post_data      0x0
  gap          211993
#  toggle_bit_mask 0x2800000000
   toggle_bit_mask 0x1400000000
      begin codes
          enter                    0x28
          back                     0x2A
          favorites                0x65
      end codes
end remote

#/etc/lircd1.conf
begin remote

name  rm100
  bits          24
  eps            30
  aeps          100

one             0     0
  zero            0     0
  post_data_bits  40
  post_data      0xB700000101
  toggle_bit_mask 0x200000000000
  gap          211993
      begin codes
          green                    0x288195
          red                      0x289115
          up                       0x2AA515
          down                     0x289515
          left                     0x29A515
          right                    0x2BA515
          volup                    0x28A395
          voldown                  0x28A595
          chup                     0x289395
          chdown                   0x288795
          mute                     0x2B9595
          rewind                   0x298315
          play                     0x2A8315
          forward                  0x2B8315
          go                       0x2AB195
      end codes
end remote
I don't use the lirc startup via crontab because you cannot get sure what device will start first! Here is the start script:
Code:
# /etc/init.d/lircd
#!/bin/bash
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          lircd
# Required-Start:    $syslog
# Required-Stop:     $syslog
# Should-Start:      $local_fs
# Should-Stop:       $local_fs
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Starts LIRCD daemon.
# Description:       LIRCD is used to control different
#                    infrared receivers and transceivers.
### END INIT INFO
case "$1" in
        start)
                /usr/local/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc0.pid --listen=8765 /etc/lircd0.conf
                /usr/local/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc1.pid --output=/dev/lircd --connect=localhost:8765 /etc/lircd1.conf
                chmod a+rw /dev/lcd* /dev/lirc*
        ;;
        stop)
                killall lircd
        ;;
        *)
                echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/lircd {start|stop}"
                exit 1
        ;;
esac
You must update your runtimes so that this skript will run at startup:
Code:
update-rc.d lircd defaults

So now to my problems I hope someone can help me:
Sometimes the keys will not get recognized. They work well and after that i need to press another key five times until it works! For debugging i run "irw" at the same time and also it will not recognize the key so it must be a lirc problem!?

The next issue is that i can't use any other remote control! Do I have to change some configuration to get a Harmony Work for example?! Because the RM100 has only a few buttons I want to use another remote and the harmony will not get recognized even when I use it with the RM100 configuration (there only a few buttons work) or set up as XBOXRemote Control.

I appreciate any information about this!

Cheers.
David
davidw Wrote:Nice HowTo thank you!
Here are my lirc.conf files (i wasn't able to get it work with just one file lirc.conf) also i had to change manually the toggle_bit_mask from 0x2800000000 to 0x1400000000 because every button press caused two signals - i think this is a good solution Smile !

So now to my problems I hope someone can help me:
Sometimes the keys will not get recognized. They work well and after that i need to press another key five times until it works! For debugging i run "irw" at the same time and also it will not recognize the key so it must be a lirc problem!?

Hmm, I'm not sure if changing the toggle_bit_mask is a good idea. Isn't that the bitmask between a button press and a button release?

Changing that bitmask may be the source of your problems. Normally XBMC filters multiple button presses quite well, so it doesn't matter if two events are sent.

Quote:The next issue is that i can't use any other remote control! Do I have to change some configuration to get a Harmony Work for example?!

Most of the IR receivers built into those HTPC cases only support their own remote.

Quote:Because the RM100 has only a few buttons I want to use another remote and the harmony will not get recognized even when I use it with the RM100 configuration

Hmm, that's weird. If you record the RM100 buttons and replay them with your harmony it should work. At least irw should detect the key presses.

The problem is that XBMC only supports its predefined IR events. So even if your remote has 100 buttons you can only use a few buttons, as you cannot define custom tags in the Lircmap.xml file.
If you want to use all buttons of your remote you have to apply a patch to xbmc which lets you treat any remote as a universal remote. But as your IR receiver probably only supports its own remote (if you are lucky it supports RM200, too) you won't have that problem.
@Temar: thanks for the hints!

I changed the toggle_bit_mask back to the "defaults" from irrecord but I still have the same problems that sometimes there are no signals AND irw and xbmc recognizes two signals on one button press.

So I think it's not the toggle_bit_mask but can you tell me how I can tell XBMC that it should ignore the second signal?

Maybe the problem is that I must use two lirc configurations!?
I'll try to configure it to one but last times I failed!

Now I must add a question about the LCD:
When lcdproc starts the LCD I see
Code:
## LCDProc Server ##
Cli: 0 Scr:0
When then xbmc starts the LCD displays one second the XBMC menu or movie title and the next second again this LCDPROC words.
How can I avoid this?
Cheers,
David
Quote:When then xbmc starts the LCD displays one second the XBMC menu or movie title and the next second again this LCDPROC words.
How can I avoid this?
In /etc/LCDd.conf

ServerScreen=no

I also do

Foreground=no

But I don't know if you need to do the foreground one.
It will still boot with the server screen but when XBMC starts you wont see it again.(until you end XBMC)

snappz
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
davidw Wrote:I changed the toggle_bit_mask back to the "defaults" from irrecord but I still have the same problems that sometimes there are no signals AND irw and xbmc recognizes two signals on one button press.

Hmm, the only advice I can give you is to rerecord your buttons. I had to rerecord mine, too because on the first recording my remote was too close to the receiver. Try to record your buttons again and keep a distance from the receiver.

Quote:So I think it's not the toggle_bit_mask but can you tell me how I can tell XBMC that it should ignore the second signal?

My XBMC version does this on its own. My remote has a really high repeat rate, too but XBMC just reacts once. Only if I hold the button down, the action gets repeated.

Quote:Maybe the problem is that I must use two lirc configurations!?
I'll try to configure it to one but last times I failed!

You only need two different lirc configs if your remote is split into two parts like the RM200.
snappz Wrote:In /etc/LCDd.conf

ServerScreen=no

I also do

Foreground=no

Great that worked! Thank you!
---
Haven't tried to rerecord yet.

Cheers,
David
I have an Antec 430 EU (seems that they skipped the remote in this version). My USB-id is
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller

I only get one device, /dev/lirc0, so not all of this applies to me. Let me try to summarize what I had to do on Ubuntu 8.10/2.6.27-11

Manually compiled lirc (0.8.3), but not sure that was necessary.
Using a mceusb configuration file for lircd.conf
Starting lircd in /etc/rc.local using only "lircd --device=/dev/lirc0"

Now the important bit for the LCD display, the kernel module option:
xbmc@htpc:~$ grep lirc /etc/modules
lirc_imon is_lcd=0

Let is_lcd equal 1 if you have the blue backlit display (this different LCD panel also has the ffdc-identifier).
LCDd compiled manually, 0.5.2, no patches, but configuration file must be fixed manually as described in other posts here.
I just bought a Imon Inside with a iMON PAD and it's a PITA to setup.

Would it be possible to use the XBOX remote with the ir - receiver instead?
spozen Wrote:I just bought a Imon Inside with a iMON PAD and it's a PITA to setup.

Would it be possible to use the XBOX remote with the ir - receiver instead?

I'm really intrested in the progress of your work with Imon Inside both with the imon pad controller and with other remotes. I'm thinking about byuing a Imon Inside and use it with a logitech harmony 525, so please keep the thread updated with your progress.
Hehe, my progress?

It took me a day to get it to work, only to realize it was completely useless with out a patch to make the "pad" work like key events(up = up on keyboard etc). You see the PAD is supposed to act like a mouse but this doesn't work without applying a patch(surprise).

So there is two patches and these patches aren't very well supported/noob friendly:

PAD2Keys: http://brakemeier.de/electronics/vdr/lirc-imon.html
PAD2Mouse: http://venky.ws/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60

But maybe i just suck at LIRC, after a reboot the remote stopped working and i had to reinstall everything.
So that's my progress so far...

But it would be awesome to get two remotes to work with the same IR recevier then i can let my multi remote learn from the PAD and the XBOX remote.

Here's a thread about the IR receiver you might wanna read, apparently the harmony should "work" :
http://venky.ws/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=223

I only bought the imon inside becasue of the power on feature AFAIK the vista/mce remote doesn't have any power on function right?
spozen Wrote:Hehe, my progress?

It took me a day to get it to work, only to realize it was completely useless with out a patch to make the "pad" work like key events(up = up on keyboard etc). You see the PAD is supposed to act like a mouse but this doesn't work without applying a patch(surprise).

So there is two patches and these patches aren't very well supported/noob friendly:

PAD2Keys: http://brakemeier.de/electronics/vdr/lirc-imon.html
PAD2Mouse: http://venky.ws/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60

But maybe i just suck at LIRC, after a reboot the remote stopped working and i had to reinstall everything.
So that's my progress so far...

But it would be awesome to get two remotes to work with the same IR recevier then i can let my multi remote learn from the PAD and the XBOX remote.

Here's a thread about the IR receiver you might wanna read, apparently the harmony should "work" :
http://venky.ws/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=223

I only bought the imon inside becasue of the power on feature AFAIK the vista/mce remote doesn't have any power on function right?

I don't think you can power on the computer with the mce remote ... atleast not if you're using the mce ir-receiver. Regarding using the xbox remote with imon inside seems to be difficult to, as described in the links you posted it seems like the imon inside receiver only supports a couple of ir-protocols. Problably not the one used with the xbox, but that's just me guessing.

My thoughts is to use my harmony with two "devices". One device with the imon pad remote, just to power on the computer and one device for mce remote to interact with xbmc. Seems like lirc isn't even in use to power on the computer, so the lirc config should only be made for mce remote. I don't know if this work in the real world, but in my own mind it makes sense Wink

Did you have trouble installing the ir-receiver of imon inside also or was the problem just getting the remote to work correctly?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO configure Soundgraph iMON VFD/IR Receiver (used by many HTPC chassis)0