Need help with generic remote & plugins
Hi, I need help with a couple of things:

1) Config a generic IR remote:

The remote is this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9877

It sends keyboard codes, mostly single keys and some Ctrl- and Ctrl-Shift- combos. The keymap.xml only shows single keypresses for the <keyboard> section. How do I map Ctrl- and Ctrl-Shift combos?

2) Getting plugins:

The Atlantis Beta 2 Windows package (installed on a clean install of WinXP Pro SP3) only install one plugin--Apple Movie Trailer 2--in the plugins\video folder. The AMT plugin is working fine, i.e. the network plumbing is in order.

From all the tutorials I've checked, there should've been a bunch of plugins, as well as others for music, etc. Did I have a busted install? If not, please tell where I can find the official depository for plugins. Basically, I just want the Youtube plugin and a few other ones for popular video sites, nothing exotic.

Also, please let me know how stable are the SVN builds, and what is the current state of the Atlantis B2 build in terms of stability and feature completeness. I'm building this box for my mom, who is a complete technophobe, and don't want her to get into a tizzy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TJ

PS: Yes, I did scan through a lot of the keymap tutorials, but none of them showed how to map keyboard Ctrl combos.
I ended up downloading event ghost and using the xbmc plugin for event ghost (search this forum). This is separate to XBMC, but intercepts the remote presses and maps them to remote codes that XBMC can use.
Bomba, thanks for the reply. After looking around for a bit, it does look like that EventGhost is the way to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with generic remote & plugins0