Context Menu on ATV 2.1?
I've just spent the better part of 6 hours playing around with my apple TV (ver 2.1) and trying to figure out how to scan/scrape my video sources.

After combing through the forum, I was able to determine that holding Menu and or Play on the apple remote will bring up the necessary context menu on the screen for ATV ver 2.2.

The problem is, I have ver 2.1 and I'd like to avoid the upgrade because it would kill my Sapphire installation. How does one call up the context menu when running ATV 2.2 and XBMC Atlantis Beta 2.

At my wits end, here.

-PJ
Holding Menu while at the source or directory (not inside where the actual files are). Why should it be different?
Krieg Wrote:Holding Menu while at the source or directory (not inside where the actual files are). Why should it be different?

I've tried holding the menu button for as long as 62 seconds. All it does is back out of the currently selected directory.
not sure if this is the same problem or i should created another thread, but since i setup scrapping on my atv whenever i download another movie on my nas it does not show up. I am using the mediastream skin which rocks, but for some reason it does not seem to update my movies in either file list or library mode.
what i notice is that on my Xbox as soon as i turn it on it automaically check for updates why doesnt the ATV do this
Techlifter Wrote:I've tried holding the menu button for as long as 62 seconds. All it does is back out of the currently selected directory.
What version of XBMCLauncher are you running? If it's < 0.5 please update and see if this fixes your problem.
If it does not:
1)Did you modify Keymap.xml?
2)Paste console.log to pastebin and link here.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:What version of XBMCLauncher are you running? If it's < 0.5 please update and see if this fixes your problem.
If it does not:
1)Did you modify Keymap.xml?
2)Paste console.log to pastebin and link here.

I was running 0.5 but, just to clear my frustrations, I wiped the atv and started from scratch and now I have the context menu with no problems.

Thank you so much for your help!
I'm having the same problem. ATV v2.1, Launcher 0.8.... and XBMC atlantis.

No matter where I hold down the Menu or Play buttons I do not get the context menu so I can do an "Update Library". The only way I seem to be able to update is to exit and restart, which makes have to redo my video calibration.
karrde Wrote:I'm having the same problem. ATV v2.1, Launcher 0.8.... and XBMC atlantis.

No matter where I hold down the Menu or Play buttons I do not get the context menu so I can do an "Update Library". The only way I seem to be able to update is to exit and restart, which makes have to redo my video calibration.

Sorry, but on ATV < v2.2 there's no play_hold event. Options:
1) update to ATV > 2.1 (check this page if you don't want to go to 2.3)
2) adjust Keymap.xml in your userdata folder so you can use Menu_Hold for context menu (should be <button id="8">ContextMenu</button>)

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm in this same boat. Running ATV 2.1 with XBMC 8.10 and XBMCLauncher 0.8. The only press and hold that works is the "right arrow". Left Arrow, play, and menu don't work. I've tried a few different keymap.xml files all of which are being loaded but their default settings don't work. If I change hold left, hold right, and hold menu all to contextMenu the only one that gives me the context is holding right.

I understand play shouldn't work, but I can't figure out why left and menu don't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context Menu on ATV 2.1?0