• 8(current)
[RELEASE] The Weather Channel (TWC) - Supplemental Script
i had the text wrong for description, it has been corrected in the latest version.

try c on the keyboard. context. i think theres a picture of the updated text in this thread.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Cool, I just tried it with "C" and it worked. Thanks for the update Smile
Not sure why but using Xbox and hitting Menu to exit is not working. I'm using the latest one on SVN I think its labeled 1.43. That's a big I think. Wink

Yes I'm running the ltest XBMC build from 12-30-2008. The only thing I recall changing was the settings in skin to add a button in weather to start this one. I've launched TWC via favorites, the new button and direct with the same non exit results. Have to power off Xbox to exit.
Nobody having the same issues as me? I just tried it on two Windows machines running XP SP3 and no data at all shows up when you run it.

So between the no exit in Xbox and having to power down to exit and the no data in XP and having to shutdown the application to exit I'm sorta at a loss.

I know 1.41 at least I think it was worked very well, but I'm not 100% any more. Wink

Both my Xbox and my Pc have the latest builds.
grab the tagged version 1.4.2 i think. xbox sounds like something is erroring. windows sounds like your xbmc is not upto date.

and remember the latest t3ch is not always the needed version. latest svn means a current revision.
I'll give the Xbox one a try tonight. I didn't realize the Tagged ones where older. Ok, I'm a little slow on all this, but I'm learning. Nerd

I just pulled down the latest available download off the front page of Xbmc.org and used the Repo SVN app in the Programs Plugin area and pulled down TWC script and well it still shows nothing. I did that twice before on both machines just to make sure, but hey a 3rd try couldn't hurt plus you suggested it. Wink

I made sure that I could pull weather first using the built in Weather function of xbmc before I tried it. However still everything is blank and I have to hit the X on the top of xbmc windowed because otherwise I have to do the old ALT + F4 in full screen.
im having same issue on xbox. script not exiting. have to reboot xbox to exit.

unfortunately until t3ch releases a updated build it cant be tested with any other version on xbox unless someone else
out there is willing to merge and build for us. would do it myself but i dont have the means
i believe there is a no asking for xbox binaries rule.

did you try the tagged version? pastebin a debug log.
Big Grin 
oops sorryConfused
Ok, tried the tagged-1.2 version in the SVN and it works just fine

Windows well no dice on that still, but hey my windows machine is my test machine so at least I have it live on my Xbox still Wink
Has anyone integrated this excellent script into the Mediastream skin? Either as a button on the normal windows screen or at least as a new listing on the right-hand blow-out of the weather entry on the home blade?
retrieverfalcon Wrote:Has anyone integrated this excellent script into the Mediastream skin? Either as a button on the normal windows screen or at least as a new listing on the right-hand blow-out of the weather entry on the home blade?

well, I added a button for it in the weather window.
That's a nice idea. Thanx
Adding button right away.
@timdog82001 Since I am a beginner at making any fundamental changes to an XBMC skin, can you point out how you added this button? I am comfortable editing XML files but I could use some pointers of where to look at the structure to use.
Add something like this to your keymap.xml
<weather>
<remote>

<info>XBMC.RunScript(Q:\scripts\TWC Supplemental\default.py)</info>

When your now in weather and press the info button TWC wil start.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Weather Channel (TWC) - Supplemental Script0