How do I configure Music 'Backdrops' or 'Fanart'
I have everything else working fine. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the background to change with the artist when I select one. I am trying to have it change the background as I scroll through different artists like it appears it is doing in this screenshot.

[the lower image of course]

I can get it to display a static image if I go through the config and specify a backdrop folder but it just shows one of the jpg images and then sits there on the screen displaying the same image for each artist.

any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much

Neil
I could be wrong, but I don't think fanart for music is implemented yet.
What theme are you using and how do you get that classy case effect on the movie thumbs? Cool That's the cleanest look I've seen so far!
Those are just the preview images from the HORIZONZ release thread. I am just running HORIZONZ theme. I have everything else running perfectly but I can not get the music albums to have their own fanart. I think theophile may be right. It may just not be implemented yet but I am waiting to hear from someone who may be able to throw out a bit more info.

Neil
Music fanart is in svn but not Atlantis. See here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43480

The Horizonz screenshot is either using a static background for music or is using svn. Even if music fanart is supported in the build, the skin has to support it too. It's possible that even if you're running the latest svn, Horizonz might not have added support for displaying music fanart yet.
I guess I will sit on my hands and wait haha.. Thanks for the info theophile. I figured you were right but that totally sums it up. I wondered if they had just put a static background there. It totally has potential to work and be very awesome but I guess its just not implemented yet.

Thanks again for the quick reply theophile

Neil
But for those of us getting ready for it, will this folder structure work once it's implemented?

Artist - Album/fanart.jpg
No, currently
Artist/fanart.jpg
Artist/Album1/
Artist/Album2/

Is supported
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
awesome, thanks for the info sho, time to overhaul my music collection.....
What skins support it then?
Only PM3.HD currently as far as I know (and a PMIII mod made by a user)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I configure Music 'Backdrops' or 'Fanart'0