Differences between XBMC wiki NFO spec and Atlantis Exported xml
Hi Gents,

Congratulations on the Atlantis release - well done!

I am helping test YAMJ (Yet Another Movie Jukebox). This is a project for the Networked Media Tank platform (aka Popcorn Hour) that is implementing the XBMC nfo / xml format for the video library.

I notice there are some differences between the XBMC wiki spec for the NFO files and the actual exported XML from a Video Library export.

The following fields are in the XML export, but not documented on the wiki as being part of the "movie" data type:
Code:
<fanart url="http://www.meligrove.com/">
            <thumb preview="images/posters/movies/thumbnails/tt0411061.jpg">images/posters/movies/jpg/tt0411061.jpg</thumb>
        </fanart>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<file></file>
<path>Z:\Movies\Star Wars The Clone Wars Blu-Ray</path>
<premiered></premiered>
<status></status>
<code></code>
<aired></aired>
<album></album>

Additionally the following field is in the NFO files, but not exported from the video library export:
Code:
<watched></watched>

When an NFO file that contains these additional fields is run through an external tool such as XBMC Media Companion, the additional fields in the library export file are deleted.

What should the spec for "movie" type NFO files be?

I am asking this because one of the objectives of the YAMJ implementation of the XBMC NFO is to maintain interoperability between XBMC and associated tools and YAMJ.

Cheers,
egg
i can really only point you to the source code. but in any case i can comment on the fields you mention;

fanart is for fanart - they should be there. they are url's for fanart/backdrops.
playcount replaced watched. you now have a playcount, playcount > 0 is the same as watched=true before..
file and path you can ignore, they are not needed on an import. just exported for ease in the code.
status, code, aired, album is not relevant for movies.
Thanks very much for the reply!

The YAMJ implementation of the XBMC NFO "standard" is coming along Smile

egg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Differences between XBMC wiki NFO spec and Atlantis Exported xml0